View Single Post
Old 20-05-2017, 09:48 AM #107
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I think we're pretty quick to forget, though, that Christians / Westerners didn't treat women (or homosexuals, or ethnic minorities) all that differently less than a century ago... and really no differently at all 150 years ago (the whole thing, from rights, to how much flesh women were allowed to show). The entire world doesn't, and never has, progressed at a uniform rate. We move on, and then are outraged when the rest of the world - which has not had the same time nor opportunity to culturally develop - is not on exactly the same page at exactly the same time.

And that's without even going into the horrible reality that we currently seem to be majorly back-sliding.
I've highlighted the operative phrase. It's a backward thinking religion that treats women like second class citizens, sell off female children as brides, kill women they think offend the family etc. etc. etc...... and I don't want it spreading until they can address that.

Lumping Islam in with other religions that have evolved to be inclusive of women... even if that inclusion isn't perfect yet... is offensive. But then. religious people are allowed to be targeted because people who don't believe can't understand them.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote