View Single Post
Old 20-05-2017, 10:14 AM #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
Salam! That's very interesting, how did you come to live in Iran and when were you there? How did you get along under Sharia law? A good friend of mine works as a journalist for an Iranian news organisation.

Saying a group of men are not hard on women doesn't really sound that confidence building to me. A not having someone be hard on them doesn't necessarily indicate that they have the same freedoms we enjoy.
I married an Iranian and lived for a while in Masuleh. Our first son was born in Iran. My husband wasn't Muslim, he was a Christian but that didn't stop our Muslim friends making us welcome in their home. Most of them were Muslim by name only. They drank alcohol and smoked. The only fanatics I met were more of a nuisance to everyone than anything else but then we didn't live in Tehran which is a very different kettle of fish.

The women in Iran don't have the same freedoms we have in the West because they have a religious government who put huge restrictions on women. Most Iranian women living in France and the UK don't cover or abide by all that religious bollocks inflicted on them by state rule in their own land and their husbands are happy for them to have that freedom.

So what news organization is it? I follow Iranian news regularly for obvious reasons.