View Single Post
Old 24-05-2017, 04:25 PM #1
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Default Braden ranks Survivor: Game-Changers

Braden ranks Survivor Game-Changers contestants.

Okay, so I've wanted to do a rank-down thread like this for some while now. I tried but failed to do so with RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars 2—life got in the way, but here lies the opportunity for another chance. It feels like the right time. I've only really gotten into Survivor quite recently, but I think the show itself is a good source for understanding what I like and dislike in a reality tv show contestant. The gameplay and mix of players tend to be hit/miss, but generally, I think there are more good seasons than bad and I genuinely enjoy watching the show.

So, Game-Changers:, as of this post, the finale is yet to air. However, I do believe that my general thoughts towards this season are: strong pre-merge, weak post-merge. I've always relished in All-Star seasons, only because I find it fun to watch the dynamic of someone I've already watched and gained an opinion on in a new circumstance. I know there's a wave that all-star seasons are generally ****, and I kind of agree, but pre-show hype makes it worth it...and I don't think Game-Changers was too bad. It's definitely a middle-of-the-pack type of season. Not because it's average, but because a strong pre-merge and crap post-merge balance each other out. The relentless twist and turns were also very hit/miss (a recurring theme for the season). For example, I loved the joint tribal council. However, I disliked the ridiculous number of idols and advantages that were embedded within the game. I know that it's 'Game-Changers' and producers were pulling out all the tricks to produce monumental/unforgettable moments, but it was too much at times. The show needs to go back to its organic roots just for one more season, or just stick to on idol that is replanted every time it's played (idea: tribes compete in a challenge where they will win the security of the idol being located on their island for the duration of the game?).

But yeah...feel free to discuss any of my opinions, whether you agree or disagree. I know many members of this forum think very differently in terms of reality tv, and it'd be nice to have a healthy debate...and hopefully, you'll be able to enjoy my writing, or give me tips if you don't. I understand some of my points will probably come across quite woolly, but I'm just excited to bring this together...even if it flops Thanks!

#20 will probably be posted late at night on Thursday, or Friday morning. I won't be able to watch the finale tonight or tomorrow since I'm busy in London for the whole day.

Ranking:

19) Caleb Reynolds
20) Zeke Smith

Last edited by Braden; 27-05-2017 at 01:43 PM.
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote