View Single Post
Old 27-05-2017, 01:38 PM #19
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Default #19 Caleb Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda. View Post
Speaking of MvGX, I haven't seen it, so someone pls tell me if it's worth watching
I think in terms of your taste, from what I know, you probably won't enjoy it. I actually thought it was okay though, it was hard to find people to support but I felt that the cast meshed well together and it was fairly consistent. It's at the bottom of my well-liked section of Survivor seasons.

#19 Caleb Reynolds

3rd voted out

In terms of generic qualities belonging to Survivor players that I’m fond of, Caleb was never going to connect with my values. He has follower-mentality, which is bothersome because of his natural gravitation towards alpha-males. He was partially the reason why BB16 was deeply unenjoyable, and after the season finished–I didn’t like him, and was content with forgetting he ever existed. Therefore, I wasn’t too happy to discover that he had been cast for the second edition of Brains vs. Beauty vs. Brawn.

So, Kaoh Rong airs, and turns out: Caleb isn’t too bad. Granted, this may be as a result of the ‘Beauty’ tribe dynamic. The alphas (Caleb and Nick (was Nick an alpha? idk) were outnumbered, and the edit gave indication that he was considering working with the females on his tribe–a pleasant contrast to BB16. Also, he had an endearing relationship with 50-something, gay Asian–Tai, who made it lustfully blatant that he wanted to **** Caleb. I was for here for it.

However, Caleb almost died for salt and pepper during the fourth episode–and so, he left in a heroic form, with producers making it clear that they were bringing him back for a future season (oh, okay :/). Cue: Game-Changers…

The reason this write-up focuses heavily on Caleb’s past appearances is because of how inconsequential he was to Game-Changers. He assumed the position as Tony’s lackey, and it felt very ‘BB16 Caleb’ as oppose to ‘Kaoh Rong Caleb’. He was booted third–the end, thus becoming the least successful player of Survivor sans Francesca.

To outlast, is to factor the conditions of which you’re living, as well as your health–Caleb didn’t do that in Kaoh Rong. To outwit, is to be smart in the circumstance where you’re in the minority after a tribe swap/expansion–he didn’t do that in Game-Changers. He’s not a good player, but he’s not a fun one either. It just doesn’t mesh well for me.

In conclusion, I think Caleb is a harmless, sweet guy, albeit problematic and offensively delusional. However, there isn’t much to say about his appearance on Game-Changers.

I’m glad Tai got that kiss though. Twice.

Best Moment: Well, Tai’s kiss is one, but I enjoyed it when he awkwardly slipped over on the rocks during the first/second episode.

Worst Moment: His pre-show thoughts, which stated that Sandra was not a Game-Changer & his post-show thoughts, which berated most other people’s games despite the fact they outlasted him–proving that Caleb has literally zero-awareness.

Still in the running: Ciera Eastin, Tony Vlachos, Malcolm Freberg, James Thomas, Sandra Diaz-Twine, Jeff Varner, Hali Ford, Ozzy Lusth, Debbie Wanner. Sierra-Dawn Thomas, Andrea Boehlke, Michaela Bradshaw, Cirie Fields, Aubry Bracco, Tai Trang, Troyzan Robertson, Brad Culpepper & Sarah Lacina.

Last edited by Braden; 27-05-2017 at 01:43 PM.
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote