BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

-

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I'm not really thinking specifics at all, I'm talking about a quite obvious recent trend for people "testing and pushing the boundaries of what they can get away with saying" and finding that the answer is "So long as it's not about other members, you can say whatever the hell you want".

And this is being applauded as freedom of speech, except that it's false, and broken, because if you started saying the things that these people are saying in public (or on any other form of social media) people would be shouting you down for it. But on here... you can say what you want "so long as it's in general" and no one can say anything about it, cos that's talking about other members. It's a moderation system that is completely and utterly ****ing broken but it's being stuck to like it's some sort of religious doctrine.

The way I see it, a choice has to be made here. Either abandon the "can't talk about each other" rule OR introduce at least SOME sort of rules about general hate speech. Or secret option #3 (and of course exactly what is going to happen): Ignore it and have the place spiral into nothing BUT hate speech.
well said!
T* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote