View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 03:28 PM #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Ah right that makes sense.

Had a school meeting today with the health visitor as she reckons my son may be autistic. Hes only 2...she was asking questions then twisting the answers to write on her sheet and has now decided he needs a ****ing hearing test too. I hate health visitors so much. I knew as soon as she asked about hand flapping what she was 'testing' for...they didn't tell us the actual reason for the meeting. She says because he likes to do things alone and concentrates very hard on what he is doing to the point where he ignores everything around him is a big sign of autism :S In that case me and gavin, and Skye are all autistic too. I honestly think she just needs to get her numbers up for referals (they have targets apparently of how many kids are referred for different things) as I don't see what good it does to anyone otherwise twisting answers that people who actually know the kid give and sometimes ignoring both us and the teachers to put her own answers down...shes only met him 3 times

Sorry for rant
I personally know a little boy who was guessed to be on the autistic spectrum at age two and it was definitely right. He's three and a half now and it's quite obvious, the only problem is that he hasn't made any improvement since his mother treats him like a baby because the word "austism" was mentioned, he doesn't get to do anything like the other kids his age, she just keeps him in the house watching TV all day and only feeds him junk food because she knows he likes it and he doesn't even have a daily routine and bed time which is so important for all kids, not just those on the spectrum and that's only the start of it.

I'd say to just go with what the health visitor is doing and even if your little boy isn't on the spectrum it's still good to check it out. In the unlikely case that they do catch it early, it would be really beneficial for him so he can get everything he may need sorted early.
Jessica. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote