Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
When I say I think you're struggling for balance, it's not that I think what you're saying about Corbyn is wrong necessarily - I personally have seen another side to his character and have gone off him MASSIVELY since the tower fire - or that anything your saying doesn't have truth to it...

Its more that you've become so laser-focussed on Corbyn and his potential wrongdoing that you are less willing to hear or engage in criticisms of the Tories / the DUP / their alliance.

I guess it's important to remember that just because one side of something is bad... That doesn't mean that the other side of the coin is necessarily good. Even if you think it's "better", it's still OK to be able to criticise it... You don't have to Stan the opposition to "stick it to" the side you dislike more, I guess is what I'm saying.

In this case, I feel that increasingly, you're unwilling to look with a skeptical eye at the Tory/DUP deal because you immediately flip into "Corbyn would be worse!!" mode. But Corbyn isn't the discussion. Take Corbyn completely out of the equation and look at it in the most basic or terms... And the Tory/DUP alliance - even WITH the extra spending for NI - is potentially headed for real problems. It's not a good or desirable situation. What I mean by lacking balance is, it's gotten to the point where you are willing to pretend that it's all great, "because it isn't Corbyn". Your early posts on the topic included healthy criticism of the DUP too but that has all but evaporated now.
Nowhere did I say it was all great, or that any party was all great, please don't put words into my mouth. The only positive thing that I can see at present is the 1 billion for N.Ireland.

It's not that I lost balance, more that I responded to misconceptions that people have about my part of the country and the DUP. I don't like the party, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to correct misconceptions about them. I dislike Sinn Fein intensely, and am only too glad to criticise aspects of their past/present, but if someone posted something negative that I knew wasn't true I'd correct that as well.
And now I've finished here. Have a very nice day TS, and hopefully we'll discuss again under more pleasant circumstances sometime.

Last edited by jet; 28-06-2017 at 12:11 PM.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote