View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 10:27 AM #13
Banned

Banned

I hear of boy/girl bands splitting regularly and it is sad news sometimes. The Ordinary Boys picked the perfect name really. I like the [Ordinary] word, in the bands name. That really says what they are, Ordinary! They did a few catchy songs, only one for me personally - Boys will be boys, which had a reggae feel about it, but I still only ever saw them as being a poor example of a boy band and nothing more. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq7FEspKmYM That youtube live recording was from HMV - I love the t-shirt he is wearing - sale sale sale - How sad and pathetic really.

Preston was the main celebrity and because of his inclusion in the Big Brother house - that is really the only reason why they got on. If they are splitting, then it won't be long before each and every band member will be doing some mundane 9 - 5 job earning very little. But perhaps that is where they belong? A boy band today means nothing, unless they are like Westlife or Take That, who were and still are giants in that field - but IMO their cover-version successes just disgust me I prefer talent - original songs written by the band or artist themselves, I do realise and understand that bands like the Ordinary Boys will write their own stuff, but they are still going to fail miserably in the long run, as they just don't cut it in todays industry, but still these bands are pretty poor in comparison to some genuine bands and artists who are like Elephants in reflection to Westlife and Take That - but the Ordinary Boys are soooooooooo much less than even that. [A boil on an Ants backside - sizewize]
the_stillness is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote