View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 07:54 PM #19

Quote:
Originally posted by the_stillness
Quote:
Originally posted by the_stillness
I hear of boy/girl bands splitting regularly and it is sad news sometimes.

Preston was the main celebrity and because of his inclusion in the Big Brother house - that is really the only reason why they got on. If they are splitting, then it won't be long before each and every band member will be doing some mundane 9 - 5 job earning very little. But perhaps that is where they belong? A boy band today means nothing, unless they are like Westlife or Take That, who were and still are giants in that field - but IMO their cover-version successes just disgust me I prefer talent - original songs written by the band or artist themselves, I do realise and understand that bands like the Ordinary Boys will write their own stuff, but they are still going to fail miserably in the long run, as they just don't cut it in todays industry, but still these bands are pretty poor in comparison to some genuine bands and artists who are like Elephants in reflection to Westlife and Take That - but the Ordinary Boys are soooooooooo much less than even that. [A boil on an Ants backside - sizewize]
Quote:
Originally posted by rachb

All these comments make me laugh because they in no way set out to be a boyband! I'm sure eac h and everyone of them would find it a compliment that you don't consider them up there with the 'greats' such as Westlife!
I don't think the Ordinary Boys would care what they got labelled as, as long as they became a massive success and made loads. If they prefer to be labelled as something else, then good for them. They just fell by the wayside. Welcome to the music industry of 2007

Quote:
The Ordinary Boys already had decent music careers before CBB.Just because you hadn't heard of them does not mean they didn't exist they had two albums and plenty of tours before.They did well in Japan also and had a number one album there.
It's all down to opinion if you like them or not.But to me it says it all when you measure their appeal to the likes of Westlife who are at opposite ends of the musical spectrum.
I had never heard of the Ordinary Boys - before Celebrity Big Brother - it never registered on my wavelength. I guess I was too interested in other bands and artists who measured up IMO. It is like - Northern Line with that Zigman at the helm - Another Ordinary band, which will also fall fall fall or perhaps fell fell fell - I haven't monitered whether they are choosing to continue their massive career?? Naturally if Ziggy is there, we have another Ordinary Boys on our hands - ooooooh whoopie, NIT...I mean NOT, ha! I understand that Japan is a good place to go and make it. There are many others that do the same in other countries. If I searched carefully - I could make a list? Remember the band Modern Talking? probably NOT? Do the Ordinary Boys choose to be thankful of NOT considering themselves as being up there with the 'greats' such as Westlife? - that is lucky actually - that would be a dream - financialwise/famewise/anyotherwise - [I made up them words - but they suffice, ha!]
Again you chart talent as being record sales,no respect for live music,people that write their own lyrics or can play an instrument.
I can say without doubt that yes they'd probably want to jump of the highest cliff than be considered a boyband.
Some things are more important than record sales and money to people that are serious about making music.By music I mean the kind where an artist writes the tune,the lyrics and plays an instrument or two whilst singing live.Not the kind where they sit on stools looking pretty.
It's a bit pointless me going on as the difference in tastes of music is apparent but it's a bit like comparing The Smiths to Chico really.
rachb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote