Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB15: Katie Price

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB15: Katie Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg! View Post
Apply for Glasgow hon, no point staying at your current uni if it's not making you happy
hm it's not so much that i'm not happy, i'm just terrified for what I'm missing out on. maybe this is the wrong mindset tho, and it will be like a self-fulfilling prophecy now cos my investment in St A is waning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrod View Post
I think the majority of people don't really have a great first semester. I know I didn't either and was very ill throughout the first one. Is there an LGBT society in your SU? That could always help? I felt the same about Southampton and didn't really want to go back for a second year. I don't think you should judge your time at university based on what you're seeing from others. Each experience is different and location isn't all the same!

I don't think you should transfer unless you are really sure. I felt exactly the same as you did now, this time last year but I powered on through second year and things got sooooo much better straight away.
Thanks for your advice. I'm definitely going to go in and be optimistic and try and make the most of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babayaro. View Post
Not Fife being unable to cater for the gays.
Get them in order Marc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Obviously only apply to somewhere that does do transfers! Glasgow isnt the only cool city in the world! You really shouldn't redo a year for the sake of living in a better place imo, life, and uni holidays are pretty long, you've still got enough time to experience all the nightlife in the world
It's just options are limited because I get fees payed if I stay in Scotland, and also Glasgow is great for me as I have lots of friends there and it's pretty close to home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Are you SAAS funded? If so, I say go for it and apply elsewhere if you're not happy where you are. You get a "false start" (or at least, you used to?) which means that you can leave your first course after one year and still get a full 4 year's funding on another course. If you wait any longer, you won't get full funding (and will have to fund your final year yourself).

I wouldn't worry about the age thing either; I started uni at 18 and dropped out after 6 months, then took 18 months out before I started at another University, so I was starting first year at 20. I was only third oldest (out of ten) in my flat in halls, and there were 4 more who were 19, then two 18 year olds and a 17 year old. A lot of people take a gap year these days. Also the one who was 17 ended up being one of my best friends throughout the whole four years at Uni so I don't think these small age differences matter much . It's not like school.
I've definitely heard of false starts. Dropping out rn is impossible unfortunately, so it looks like either way I'd have to pay for the final year?
TomC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote