View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 03:13 AM #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
okay guys i need advice

this thread shows i didn't enjoy first semester thaat much and was v ill with glandular fever, yet second semester was waaaay better - so much more fun and made so many great friends.

i just have a problem that i feel like i'm missing out. i go to st andrews, and there's two things bugging me there: it's too small, and the gay scene is ****. i just don't look forward to going back there that much for 2nd year as it's pretty similar to the place i'm from and i just miss the city so much (i spent my school years in edinburgh). also, a lot of friends from where i live are headed to glasgow, and i honestly just worry, as good a time i had in first year, that i'm totally missing out on the university life i imagined: being in a vibrant cosmopolitan city, and having access to a sea, as opposed to a pond, of gay guys.

i am honestly considering applying to glasgow - the **** thing is they don't do transfers, so i'd need to start from year 1 with people two years younger than me. i just don't know if it's worth it, but i'm thinking of just applying anyway, and seeing how second year at st andrews goes
Didn't you check out St. Andrews before accepting? Also forgive me for saying it, but you seem far more interested in the social side of uni, rather than anything else.
jennyjuniper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote