View Single Post
Old 18-08-2017, 01:08 AM #3799
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Spoiler:

I do feel like they've set up a potential swift end to the Walkers now, with the realisation that killing a walker kills all of those "under" that walker... And so if someone can kill the Night King, the rest will be dust. Most likely scenario would be Dany et al leading a huge battle as a distraction while Jon gets in close for the kill.

I just sort of wonder where they go after that though? Switch back to the war for the throne? There's not that much of Westeros left to rule at this point... Half the ancient noble houses are extinct and no one really cares anymore
Spoiler:

Thankfully, in my opinion. I feel like the only juicy part of the White Walkers storyline if it lasted a season would be how you'd get everyone working together and they've set how that will happen up in the space of two episodes. I say give us a big feature length episode with everyone vs the White Walkers next season and be done with it. The White Walkers are basically a plot device for big spectacles, I don't think there's a need to drag their storyline out any further and risk the spectacle getting boring and overplayed.

The rest of next season will be about Dany vs Jon, a second Dance of Dragons, if you will. Jon's true heritage will be revealed and they'll end up turning on each other. The whole shipping of them this season is setting them up for a tragic storyline next season I think.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote