View Single Post
Old 20-08-2017, 07:03 PM #117
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
You have moved the goalposts there, I am talking about serving customers, if they are rude or demanding as long as they are not verbally or physically abusive, the job of the customer service assistant it to remain calm, polite and unflustered, that is what they are paid to do, not to be equally rude back just because they are annoyed about it, they are being paid to do a job not to have a jolly lovely time and that includes dealing with difficult customers. The problem seems to be firms today take staff on and offer little or no training in how to handle difficult situations.
I honestly think you might be fibbing about working in customer service or retail or whatever you said you did just to try and make your point seem more valid.

Nobody who works in those jobs believes that the customer is right because they never are, nobody in those jobs would make the assumption that an abusive customer abusing the staff is the staff's fault or that the staff provoked it by being rude in return. Most retail workers have to smile and nod when dealing with awful people or it's our necks, we are all aware of the fact that we'll be sacked if we're rude so you won't get many workers if any who are unless they are on their way out anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
and I responded that your experience seems to be a bit odd, how is that having a pop at you? you made the opening post I didn't dream up that you said it, and as for not knowing how you do your job, you do a job on here so I can make assumptions on how you might be in a rl scenario.
You didn't just stop at saying it was 'odd' though, you then proceeded to cast aspersions on me and make baseless assumptions which you've done again here. You know nothing about me, Cherie. You never will. Everything you think you know about me is filtered through this one sided dislike you have of me so don't insult me and then pretend it's advice because you aren't subtle enough to pull off that kind of shade.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote