Fighting the PC Culture

Favourites (more):
CBB9: Karissa & Kristina Shannon
BB13 USA: Rachel
Fighting the PC Culture

Favourites (more):
CBB9: Karissa & Kristina Shannon
BB13 USA: Rachel
Default A lesson in freedom of speech that all Europeans and Canadians need to see

I don't believe America is the best country to live in or at least I think such labels are silly. Some things we do better than other countries and some we don't. One thing I believe we do better than just about any other country is we have a culture that genuinely believes in freedom of speech, even if they find that speech distasteful. When I look across to Europe and I see 80 year old women being jailed for years for daring to question the official version of the Holocaust, I love that we have a written constitution that is almost impossible to change with the first amendment. So I found this video and I think the message is profound. A man uses his freedom of speech to put a Nazi flag up on his property. All the neighbors found it distasteful but not one dared question his right to do that. Instead, one of them used his freedom of speech to bring attention to this. Although I would not fly a Nazi flag in my backyard, this video is one of the rare times these days when I am proud of my country.

Liberty4eva is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote