View Single Post
Old 24-08-2017, 12:04 PM #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
So can anyone wear an item of clothing i.e. tee shirt or dress with a large swastika, ISIS or anti-Islam flag on the front in public because of people's rights to wear what they want?

The wearing of the burkha is just the same and represents blatant discrimination and is every bit as hateful and offensive. If we allow one we have to allow all otherwise we are practising discrimination and publicly stating that some types of discrimination are more distasteful and some more acceptable than others. Would that be your opinion then? Do you think the discrimination of women is less distasteful and more acceptable than the discrimination of race or religion?

As for immigration - that is a subject very much still in progress because, in case you haven't noticed or chosen to ignore, Europe as a whole is increasingly protesting against mass immigration and open borders.
The burqa is more cultural than religious. In some countries, its demanded and that is discriminatory. In the West, some women continue to wear it because a) that's what they are used to and feel comfortable in it. b) Because they wrongly believe it represents the purity of a religion. c) Because the men or family members demand it and d) because they want their right to privacy.

If we ban the burqa, we aid the women who aren't given a choice but what about the women who choose to wear it? Would we be discriminating her rights?

I walk past women wearing burqas on a regular basis. I hardly notice them and I certainly don't find them offensive or threatening. I don't look at those women pitifully and ponder about why they are wearing it, just as I don't ponder about the Hasidic Jewish women wearing dowdy clothing and ill fitting wigs or the English woman revealing their heavy cleavages or ass cheeks from micro outfits. All of those women could be being bullied by the men in their lives to wear the outfits they wear but its not for me to pick and choose which women are being repressed, abused, bullied, coerced or pimped based on what they are wearing.

Last edited by DemolitionRed; 24-08-2017 at 12:05 PM.
DemolitionRed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote