View Single Post
Old 13-09-2007, 07:56 PM #21

Quote:
Originally posted by Sunny_01
I agree Bananrama - many people think their beloved pets are not able to attack. I was bitten very badly in the face as a child and still have scarring around my right eye that is very obvious even now. This was by a westie which was it's mummy's baby. I often find that small terriers can be more likely to nip and bite you than bigger dogs.

I had a wonderful jack russell for several years who was so in love with me that noone else could get close to me or he would growl and snap. In the end he did try to attack a small child which resulted in him biting the person trying to stop him. Much as it broke my heart I had him put to sleep the following morning.

Oh. I am so sorry to hear that it must have been heart breaking. I have an elderly Jack Russell from the local dogs home just over three years ago. (Don't know his real age).
At first he was quite aggressive towards other dogs and sometimes teenagers legs attracted him as feed time.

However he is now far more sociable and mixes with most dogs including teens without problem. Never the less in view of his past behavour I would never take his good behavour for granted....
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote