View Single Post
Old 29-08-2017, 10:37 AM #9
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
No I don't see any options for preferences because there weren't any. It was clearly a LEAVE or REMAIN decision.

Where does it stipulate on the form (or anywhere) that the vote was a first stage of the process to be followed by another vote to determine the details i.e. What type of Brexit people wanted a hard of soft? Where did anyone question that BEFORE the vote?

That load of 'bu****it' was added afterwards by those desperate remoaners who had smugly assumed the remainers would get it and we're completely unprepared for a leave win. They desperately started to bash their undemocratic little heads together to come up with a way out. If they are allowed to get away with that it will have serious implications for all future public votes and the 'democratic' process in this country.
That you for stating what I had already said in your first line?

The justification for the Snap Election to the public was that it was held in the interest of Brexit to stabilise things for negotiations. It doesn't stipulate it on the Referendum because, like I said multiple times, the referendum wasn't about what kind of Brexit we'd get but whether we wanted one in the first place. Why are you pretty much repeating what I've already said at me verbatim?

You've made plenty of posts since the referendum in which you've said 'The people want a hard brexit, if the government don't follow through on that then they've ignored the will of the people' or words to that effect although you can't make such claims because the referendum only registered interest in a Brexit, not what kind of Brexit it should be. The snap election pretty much became a question of 'which party best supports your vision of what Brexit should be'.

You keep speaking about people being undemocratic but I only see you 'defending' democracy when it gives you the opportunity to bash others. I don't think you care for democracy at all unless it benefits you. It's either that you don't care for Democracy or that you simply don't understand it, possibly a mix of both.

Brexit is going to happen, I know you want a reason to hate Remainers so that you can ignore the fact that Brexit is going to be a ****show but reality whether you accept it or not. Pretending there's a secret cabal out to ruin it won't change the fact that the government you voted for will ruin it all on their own.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote