View Single Post
Old 18-09-2017, 02:38 PM #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
Is that what you seek - approval - for being more humane than others.

Personally I don't consider letting masses of people in, some of which are likely to be terrorists and will end up killing people, to be very humane. I read an estimate of about 10,000 terrorists getting into Europe posing as refuges - they can kill and maim a lot of people.

Most of the 'refuges' aren't even genuine refuges, but economic migrants. We are risking the lives of our children to give people from other countries a better life. Not a price worth paying in my book.

Do you just cross your fingers and pray it won't be you or yours who are called upon to make such a sacrifice? As long as it is someone else. To me that is putting your principles before that of the lives of others and playing with other peoples' lives.
You really are frightened aren't you?

I tell you what I warn my kids about. I warn them about speeding drivers and the inconsiderate bastards who drive whilst using their mobile phones. Only yesterday my friends little Italian Greyhound was killed whilst walking, on a leash and on the pavement, by a careless driver. I warn them about drunken gangs looking for fights. One's already had an awful experience with that. I warn them about remaining calm when they cycle through London and some pilock who doesn't like cyclists tries to run them off the road. Two of my sons have had that happen to them. I warn them about not carrying their wallets in their back pocket or purse in a backpack.

Whilst my kids know to stay away from and report suspicious packages, the last thing on my mind when they go out is terrorists getting to them. I refuse to make them suspicious of everyone because the chances of them getting killed by a car, a driver with road rage or a drunken thug is far higher than being killed by a terrorist.