View Single Post
Old 13-11-2017, 10:06 AM #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
it's been a while, so i thought i better check

In the New Testament, "Son of God" is applied to Jesus on many occasions.[2] Jesus is declared to be the Son of God on two separate occasions by a voice speaking from Heaven. Jesus is also explicitly and implicitly described as the Son of God by himself and by various individuals who appear in the New Testament.[2][5][6][7] As applied to Jesus, the term is a reference to his role as the Messiah, the King chosen by God.[8] The contexts and ways in which Jesus' title, Son of God, means something more than or other than Messiah remain the subject of ongoing scholarly study and discussion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Son_of_God
jews and Muslims and many other religions believe Jesus was just a prophet. But the very defining characteristic of christianity was that jesus was the coming of God in human form to the Earth.

If you ar a christian you have to believe that Jesus was god, that's the one thing that you cannot debate in Christianity. Because if Jesus was not God, then he wasn't the Christ, literally.

The idea that Jesus of Nazareth was God is literally the entire basis of the Christian religion. I can't believe we are even debating this.

Last edited by lostalex; 13-11-2017 at 10:07 AM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote