View Single Post
Old 16-11-2017, 09:10 AM #9
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
is upsetting that the damage I caused before has now resurfaced to cause more pain.'
He added: 'I hope we can use this as an opportunity for growth, for healing, for moving forward. As evidenced by my own example, there is so much work to do

the tweets were shared between 2010 and 2015

You are not wrong

if anything else it is a good lesson on how not to use Twitter
It's at the very least a good lesson in remembering that what you say on social media is not anonymous, and it can stay online forever. People tend to use the internet "conversationally" - the difference is, when you're having a conversation with people in the flesh, unless for some odd reason it's being recorded, once your words are out they are just out... the people around you hear them, and yes might even remember them, but it becomes nothing more than hearsay. People forget that a throwaway comment online can be dragged back up several years later and - if you become famous or get any high profile job - almost certainly WILL be dragged up several years later.

This is why I prefer forums to social media, and (at least try to) stay relatively anonymous. There's a good reason that I don't give out my name or pictures . I mean yeah, the main reason for the latter is that I would start getting preferential treatment if everyone knew about my movie-star good looks, but also they could be used to identify me .
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote