View Single Post
Old 27-11-2017, 10:56 AM #4
-

-

Then again, on the flipside, my father-in-law blagged his way into a job (with a decent salary) that he wasn't qualified for nearly 20 years ago... told them he had experience with various programming languages and software packages... then learned them at home after getting the job whilst pretending to know what he was doing whilst there . He's still with the same company .

Also, I said I had kitchen experience to get my first job, when I had zero experience of any kind. I had never had a job. However... I could cook and I had common sense so what else is really needed to flip burgers, put together some nachos and make fry-ups. I mean yeah OK they put me in charge of using industrial kitchen equipment with absolutely no idea what I was doing but I muddled through and it was fine after a couple of stressful weeks...

So I guess, above, I don't think it's qualifications that are the problem... someone who is confident, adaptable and has common sense will fit into any job. Someone who is nervous, not willing to learn, or just plain incompetent will be a hindrance to any employer.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote