View Single Post
Old 14-12-2017, 11:39 AM #10
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Santa View Post
From what I've read, the Netflix deal still has a good couple of years left in it but once that expires the rights to the shows and characters themselves are squarely with Disney... and also I've read that Disney's eventual goal is to have ALL Disney content, both TV and Movies (and especially Marvel / Star Wars), be exclusive to their own streaming service. It makes a lot of sense, really, as they have a lot of content that people will pay a monthly sub for already, plus the possibility of funding X Men and Star Wars shows. I mean I have to be honest and say that I'm highly likely to get it if the content is up to scratch .

But I don't know what that means in terms of how the Netflix shows are made... like how they're actually filmed, who the actors are contracted to, etc.

Which means there's a chance that, if they can't easily port the existing format over to their own streaming service, they'll just let the current Netflix shows end when the deal ends in a couple of years and concentrate on their own new shows. In terms of characters, I think there's a decent chance they would try to bring DD over as he's the best known of the bunch and also the most "traditionally superhero-y" of The Defenders... fits best with the rest of the MCU basically. I can see the other Defenders being left out in the cold .
Then again, considering that Disney doesn't like anything that's rated higher than a 12A under the Disney label, they might leave the Netflix universe as is and treat it like another Touchstone situation.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote