View Single Post
Old 17-12-2017, 06:29 PM #73

I loved it

Spoiler:

Was quite different to a lot of the previous films in that thematically it was about failure, with Finn and Rose's quest, Poe, seeing what had become of Luke, and how he'd failed with Kylo, even Kylo failing with what he was meant to do in firing at Leia. And it was more about them overcoming their personal failures than it was just fighting off the bad guys. It all worked really I felt and I think I'd enjoy it even more on second watch having all that in mind.

Oh and I LOVED Rose, she was a definite highlight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Hogfather View Post
Spoiler:

I kind of wish Finn had killed himself to destroy the cannon thing - it would nicely mirror Dr Sattler's sacrifice from the beginning, and would nicely wrap up his story. What's left for him to do? Poe is the best of the new trio, Rey has got her Force stuff going on, but what is there for Finn? He ostensibly killed Phasma, which would have been a good ending for him, which they could wrap up with him destroying the cannon...

The little touches were nice, like the kid they freed using the Force to grab his mop, and BB8 using the coins the gamblers were feeding into him as a weapon.
Spoiler:

Yeah I completely agree with this, it's my main gripe with the film. It was such an exciting build up and I was feeling really emotional about losing him it was really powerful, so when he was stopped at the last second it was like... 'oh... well... never mind then'. I do like him as a character but yeah he's not completely necessary, they should have been brave and axed him for the moment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithmas View Post
I really liked it on the whole but some parts were questionable

Spoiler:

I think killing off Snoke like nothing was the main gripe & Luke was such a wet blanket until the last 20 minutes. Also Finn's story was pointless apart from introducing DJ who was great.

On the other hand I was scalped at Leia using the force (I was lowkey emotional at all her scenes) When Yoda appeared & that brief moment Kylo and Rey worked together </3
Spoiler:

It's so sad to think she would have been centric to the next one (which apparently was the plan for her) </3 and how they might have explored her use of the force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
The two times I got a bit emotional watching, were right at the beginning when it started, and in the end credits at the tribute message to Carrie Fisher.
I missed this

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Hogfather View Post
Spoiler:

Yoda here was how he should have been in the prequels - he didn't give a **** about the ancient books, but was still a Jedi Master; in the PT he should have been making fun of the Jedi lore and the other Council members when they got all serious, but still been the one giving the best advice when Quiggy, Obes, and Ani wanted it.
Spoiler:

I think he became like that though because of going into exile after the PT and becoming kind of disenchanted with the whole Jedi thing because of the events in the PT.
He was great in this film though, I didn't realise he was going to appear

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras

Last edited by Jamie89; 17-12-2017 at 06:29 PM.
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote