BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Santa View Post
To be fair, our local council publishes a list of what they're spending on every year and there have been cuts recently for things that are pretty essential but I can't see where they could make savings elsewhere to fund them. For example, the village I live in used to have one bus an hour which was bad enough, that's now cut down to a bus every 2 hours, and there's a high chance that from next year there will simply be no bus at all. That's because the council has to subsidise it as it's not a profitable route for bus companies otherwise. However... We're 7 miles from the nearest town and without the bus, anyone who doesn't drive (mainly the elderly) is completely cut off to the extent that I can't even see how it would be possible for them to continue living here. A taxi to town and back is £20 and there's no other transport option .
yeah there is a similar service level here and there are so few taxis that you are lucky if you get one booking a day ahead. Driverless cars are going to be a real saviour for those that can't drive
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote