View Single Post
Old 28-12-2017, 06:59 PM #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
Correct me if i'm wrong, but my impression from the article is that she is setting herself up as a role model for others to follow. That's a completely different thing to having the confidence to post how you look. I couldn't care less what she looks like, but if she sets herself up as a role model for others to achieve, then I will comment on it. It's not shaming her for her look, its saying she has got to be kidding if she thinks anyone should consider her obsessive, frankly unhealthy obsession a good role model for anyone to aspire to
The message she's trying to give is that exercise and a healthy lifestyle can improve mental health. She's also showing confidence in her appearance and ageing by posting photos of her body online. Those are things that a lot of people will look up to and admire. You think she has an unhealthy obsession which I disagree with but fair enough, however I still think there's merit in what she's saying and the message she's giving people. When I mentioned shaming, I'm talking about the fact that most people seem to be more concerned with how she looks in terms of sexual attractiveness and the simple fact she is 50 and not wearing much, look at the DM comments, that's what I mean when I say she is being shamed, as women her age often are whenever they dare to show their bodies.

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote