Thread: Harry to Marry
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 02:13 PM #131
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Let's all dress in sack-cloth and be joyless because other people are richer than us.

Here's the thing: If you want a well-paid career you have to start early and plan. It's no good dicking around while you're at school, leaving with few qualifications, having a couple of kids, doing unskilled jobs, gain a degree in at forty and expect it to get you a job when there are women twenty years younger than you with the same degree... and then moan because you don't earn as much as other people. I barely looked up from my books until I was half way through uni; I missed out on a lot of stuff... but now, I have a great job, good salary, amazing benefits and enormous job satisfaction. And funnily enough I don't think the world owes me a living and I have no problem with people spending their own money however they want.
So your claims in relation to young British designers being supported in the stores you mentioned can't be backed up in fact?
I'm presuming that's what the mockery was for , as a distraction from the nonsense that was your earlier post?

Instead of sniping at my personal circumstances why not look at the bigger picture here, I'm not going to blow smoke up your arse Livia we have all heard tell of your scholarship to oxbridge... in reality who get's those privileges and in what capacity were you supported in facilitating that chance?

I know you would dearly love to think that it was ALL you but in fact there was a whole host of variables at play aside from your intellect, I'm not saying for a second anyone could have achieved what you have in fact the opposite your situation is as I'm sure you're aware phenomenally rare and getting rarer.
What are the life choices for intelligent children from working class backgrounds? they were never great and now they are terrible and getting worse.

The crux of this post is as flawed as the last, you infer that others on less don't have job satisfaction, or that they feel that 'the world' owes them something, making smug comments like this only serves to show you're complacent to those not as fortunate as yourself.

I'm I surprised? Not really. Did I expect you to understand my point in relation to this dress as a metaphor?... No.