Thread: Harry to Marry
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 02:38 PM #136
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
I was an intelligent child from a working class background.

And please, don't feel you have to acknowledge the hard work and sacrifices I made to get to Cambridge, and the money it cost my working class parents. You just imagine that I slipped in quietly. I worked three jobs while I was at uni. And you know, I wasn't the only one. There were other people there who were from working class backgrounds and the one thing we all had in common was that we worked hard to get where we were.

Fortunate, yes... that's me. The harder I work the more fortunate I get. Funny how that works.

And Kizzy, I wasn't sniping and being personal. Everything I stated was a fact. When you first joined the forum you were unemployed, and you stayed unemployed for years. Is that not true? And now, after leaving school with not much, and after having a couple of kids and not doing your degree until you were older, you're dissatisfied with your job. And more, you think you can belittle my achievements by imagining I had some kind of fairy Godmother... but I didn't.

You have this whole "kill the rich" thing about your posts, because if someone's doing better than you then they MUST have had a hand up and a hand out. But you're wrong.
I made specific reference to those variables as well as directly suggesting you didn't achieve your goal on your merit alone Livia.
I'm dissatisfied with my salary, not my job... I haven't belittled your achievements at all, what I did was highlight how lucky you were even given your ability to succeed, there's a difference.

I don't have a 'kill the rich' thing :/ That is a gross misinterpretation!
All I have suggested is personally I don't feel that given the current economic climate for most in the UK wearing such an expensive gown was appropriate... That's it.

I don't have any ill will towards her or anyone else it was just that one instance and my own personal reaction to it, your analysis is unwarranted and baseless much like your previous posts in this thread.

Last edited by Kizzy; 04-01-2018 at 02:41 PM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote