View Single Post
Old 14-01-2018, 08:15 AM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
it's called progress, and things never stay the same with some aspects of our lives changing forever. What this article doesn't focus on is all the advantages that the technology brings. Things that were once impossible to achieve are now second nature

I wouldn't want to go back to "better times" and I think its unfair of us to want younger generations to conform to something that we experienced because it was the norm for us years ago
Although to some extent I agree, I think kids are missing out to a great extent; at least our daughter has. We have found her distressed and inconsolable more times than you can imagine and its always to do with feeling left out, feeling bullied and persecuted. She finds anything away from her smartphone boring.
We recently went to a family dinner and she sat ignoring everyone whilst posting on popular media that she was having a horrible time and bored out of her mind. Her cousins picked that up and they showed their mum, Steves sister... that didn't go down well.
She is the only child we feel constantly worried about and she's the only child who lives for her smartphone.