View Single Post
Old 14-01-2018, 10:59 AM #5
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
it's called progress, and things never stay the same with some aspects of our lives changing forever. What this article doesn't focus on is all the advantages that the technology brings. Things that were once impossible to achieve are now second nature

I wouldn't want to go back to "better times" and I think its unfair of us to want younger generations to conform to something that we experienced because it was the norm for us years ago
..yeah I agree with this..for the most part, modern technology is an amazing and positive thing in today’s lifestyle...one of the things in the OP article referred to an observation in the 70s of teens hanging out at rink...but the balance of that would be all those teens that weren’t seen because they weren’t hanging out because of feelings of being socially awkward or maybe feeling left out and friendless etc...the internet with smartphones is a great communication device where those more shy and awkward can interact in a way they haven’t been able to do back in the day...I think teaching young people and teens e-safety and attention to doing that is the thing to focus on for me, rather than the device itself etc...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote