BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

-

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal. View Post
I think it'll be off air for 2019. I can't see a channel being able to resist relaunching it with a 20th anniversary special in summer 2020. Whether that will do well, idk considering it wouldn't be much of a relaunch with the show only being off air for like 2 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal. View Post
But saying that, defunct shows have anniversaries all the time without channels bringing them back. It could be off air for good after Channel 5 inevitably pulls the plug.
I think it’s a different case for BB because of its once massive popularity and the fact there is still potential for it which is ignored by C5 in favour of treating their viewers like idiots basically. There is a trend right now of bringing old shows back - e.g. Dancing on Ice, The Crystal Maze, etc. I believe there is still potential for C4 even to bring it back and actually revive it well (if they would or not is a different story, they may act snobby and see it as too low brow etc.) In theory they could rest it in 2019 and do the 20th anniversary thing, they’ll just have to try and sweep the C5 series’ under the carpet (like C5 basically did with C4 lol), focus on how it used to be, and promote it like crazy everywhere and promote it as a continuation of the original series and an actual revival, then it could actually be a massive success. Nostalgia sells.

Last edited by T*; 18-01-2018 at 01:05 PM.
T* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote