BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Default The Situation facing 5 years in jail for Tax Invasion

Quote:
Jersey Shore star Mike Sorrentino could face up to five years in jail for tax evasion reasons.

Sorrentino, who goes by the name The Situation, and his brother Marc have pleaded guilty to tax crimes, as stated by the United States Department of Justice.

The 36-year old star pleaded guilty to one case of tax evasion, while his brother admitted to aiding in fraudulent tax returns, and could face up to three years in jail.

Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General Zuckerman said: "The Tax Division is committed to continuing to work with the IRS to prosecute those who seek to cheat the system, while honest hardworking taxpayers play by the rules."

U.S. Attorney Carpenito is also quoted as saying: "What the defendants admitted to today, quite simply, is tantamount to stealing money from their fellow taxpayers.

"All of us are required by law to pay our fair share of taxes. Celebrity status does not provide a free pass from this obligation."

Sorrentino is quoted by Daily Mail as saying: "I have admitted my mistakes and I am trying to move forward."

The star touched down in Miami International Airport this weekend in order to film the new series, Jersey Shore: Family Vacation, which reunites the cast of the original show.
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/jersey-...jail-tax-case/

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote