View Single Post
Old 25-01-2018, 05:28 AM #25
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..in a referendum I would be a yes...some of the things the Royal family bring to the nation have already been mentioned...but for me it’s also, that national celebration thing as well, that coming together and celebrating certain Royal occasions as we have with things like street parties, which can create such a positivity within communities...of the few that I’ve been to in my lifetime, there have been things like...older people/pensioners who may have been struggling a bit and felt quite isolated etc...but that community celebration has caused them to ‘come out’ and not only join in but given that opportunity for others to realise their struggles and then with that, offer a long lasting friendship/help etc which completely changes their lives in such a very needed way...it’s not that people haven’t cared or been thoughtless, it’s just that we all can get quite absorbed in our own lives and just not see other people around us and what their life is...also obviously there have been sad Royal occasions of death as with Diana...but to grieve together as a nation from time to time, I think is also very bonding...with politics, we’re often all so very divided in our beliefs and thoughts...so any bringing together, I think is essential...and then how many of us, kind of adopted William and Harry in their mother’s death and have felt those positive ‘celebration’ things with all of the lovely things in their lives...I know with older people especially I have heard lots of stories of street parties and such that have been celebrated for Royal occasions and those are positive feelings they still recall with such fondness of how their community has come together and lots of good stuff they’ve so very much needed...just to counter all of the rubbish we all go through in life...

...I do agree with TS as well in that, no one human should be born with a privilege over another..in an ideal world...I’m equally as uncomfortable with extreme wealth as I am with extreme poverty and those born to war torn countries and starvation and the many sad things people are born to, which remove so many possibilities in their lives...in an ideal world, it would be equal for all, which Incompletely agree with him about...but it isn’t, never has been and never will be an ideal world and the removal of extreme wealth and privilege by birth etc, will never remove those at the opposite extreme because it just is...no extremes are good and ideal but they just are...unlike someone who for instance, has just been born to extremely wealthy parents but ‘gives nothing back’ in terms of that privilege...at least with the Royals, they do look at those who are at the opposite end of their extreme and they do work to raise awareness and they do help with help that is so very much needed in very practical ways...but yeah, I do feel on balance that they’re also an essential National ‘feel good’ as well...those Royal occasions when we all laugh, we all cry together, type thing ...and we all come together and feel each other...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote