View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 12:17 PM #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie89 View Post
Detransitioning's an interesting one, I've looked into that too and it's hard to really find much on it, but from what I've seen there's actually a lot of people who detransition and then later transition back again... de-de-transitioning (I say 'a lot' but the figures for trans people is small to start with never mind detransitioners.) But from individual accounts the reasons for detransitioning seem to be mainly because of difficulties in life after transitioning, relationships with loved ones breaking down, problems within careers, etc etc, rather than actually being because they are no longer trans or incorrectly diagnosed (although that could also be possible for some). So it's like weighing up the struggle of coping with gender dysphoria and presenting as their biological sex, with struggling post-op for whatever reason, but then like I say for a lot of them the dysphoria ends up increasing again after detransitioning and they try again, (and I wonder if these people are still included in figures of detransitioners). And perhaps a part of it could be down to some of them not being fully mentally prepared for such a change and they end up needing more time I don't know. Completely off topic sorry
My advice: talk to someone who’s actually transgender/transsexual. There are lots of studies funded by religious, conservative or radical feminist groups that go on about detransitiing. Actually, it’s very uncommon. But it helps portray people who ate transgender as being simply confused, or mixed up. And puts a wuestion over whether funding surgery is worthwhile. You find what you look for on the internet.

Here’s a link. Sub heafing number 3 Regret is uncommon https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6160626

Last edited by Bluelight; 01-02-2018 at 12:24 PM.
Bluelight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote