View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 04:01 PM #1
0_o

0_o

Default Serious debates moderating policy, take 2

OK there have recently been a few issues with people complaining about various moderation decisions in this section. I think that maybe some kind of collective decision can be made on this (with a bit of luck). Now obviously everyone won't agree, I don't think we could do anything that literally everyone agrees with...but we can try to get a large majority decision and stick by that. So, my idea for this is

Would people be happy with discussion threads actually being threads full of discussion? Rather than the snipey rubbish we often get in this section. This would mean that

-Posts such as 'but what about X' are no good. You can add your actual opinion and bring up X in relation to your post, yes. But just nothing but a 'what about' post is no good. No bringing up totally unrelated things, unless there is an actual reason to bring up that thing, and of there is, then thats fine.
-Posts must actually be well thought out and address the OP. If the thread has moved on naturally (as sometimes happens), then thats fine too, but posts must have some actual thought put into them.
-The sniping at each other stops. Yes, say you disagree with someones opinion. But just stuff such as 'you like X so obviously you would think that', with no other substance to the post at all, is pointless.

Obviously usual rules about no insulting members and such would apply also.

I would say that anyone persistently making one line 'what about' type posts, or sniping rather than debating should be banned from this section temporarily, and then permanently if it continues, not fully banned.

Finally, I would like peoples actual opinions on this as I basically want to do something that most are happy with tbh.

So if you say no on the poll, pleased tell me why and what you would suggest instead.

We can hopefully come to an agreement between all of us.

Maybe I am being too optimistic though. But lets see

Second attempt at this as my first attempt was clearly questionable in some of the 'rules'

We don't like to have many rules at all tbh in this section..we are more lenient here than elsewhere as we realize people get quite passionate about certain topics. But clearly some decisions made recently have annoyed a lot of members...
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 07-02-2018 at 04:03 PM.