View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 04:15 PM #9
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I clicked the wrong option but I agree with that.

I also think that terms like 'Snowflake', using leftie (or loony left) or rightie or whatever as an insult, remoaner etc should be infractable offenses, I read a good point the other day (maybe a few weeks back) that terms like 'cat lady' are infractable offenses but these typically aren't I also think these should be infractable too since they only serve as an insult.

I made this point in the CBB forum when India was still the main talking point but I don't think accusing a forum member of something (Hypocrisy, racism or, in the case of CBB, Transphobia, etc) should be considered an insult unless it's something among the lines of 'You're a racist wanker' etc. If someone says 'well, I think that view is sexist and here's the reasons why' that should not be considered an insult, it's an argument and one backed up with reasoning.
I agree with this. Its fine to say you consider someones view to be transphobic, but it should be backed up with why you think that, basically?

But I do think random 'you are racist' posts should be considered an insult if the likes of 'snowflake' were

Personally I completely disagree with snowflake and leftie/rightie (never have heard rightie, ever) being insults though. Loony left, possibly. Remoaner is a clearly baiting term I reckon. I know its used in the press, but that doesnt change anything.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.