Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostie! View Post
But the farm was never gonna stay peaceful, as we saw when the horde arrived. If he was still alive when that happened, I could easily see him doing what he did to Otis to any of the others to save himself and Lori and Carl.

And honestly, I don't think Lori herself would have been completely safe if she kept rejecting him considering that time he nearly forced himself on her.
Oh no as I said, if he stayed he would've been a MASSIVE threat to the group. But in that time and place, I didn't fear for the group, and it's not as if we had reason to in the moment

He DEFINITELY had issues with Lori and what's scary is that he forced himself onto Lori before he was even bad (or that bad) even while she was saying no. There was absolutely no doubt that he would've hurt Lori sometime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostie! View Post
And in terms of comparing villains, someone like Negan might be bigger in threat and scope but I much preferred Shane as an antagonist. He felt more real, and more unnerving as a result. Negan's way too over the top and cartoonish.
I was actually writing a post about this but I didn't find it relevant. Shane came across as a man who fell in love with his best friend's wife and found a family within 2 months of an apocalypse, and while I do think it's a tad weird he got that possessive in a short space of time, we don't know much about Lori and Shane's relationship before the apocalypse. And obviously the apocalypse and the doom of it all would certainly heighten the situation.
The fact he (rightfully) lost all of that and had to see his best friend play happy family with the family he found and lost (I completely disagree with Shane's actions and I don't believe he could "find" Carl or Lori as a family within 2 months) must have really damaged him. And we see that.
And as awful as Shane is, with some things, you can certainly think, "oh **** I get his point" at times. And he's absolutely over the top and crazy, but you don't laugh it off or think "how panto", you realise he's struggling and very real with real emotions that ****ed with his head.

The Governor was somewhat good in this sense when you consider the fact he lost his daughter and we got to see this unravel and how it affected him, but Shane's development and the fact we saw him derail in front of our eyes make me prefer Shane

Negan though? It's the things I hear he does that scare me (lining up every man above the age of 11 and shooting them in the head, beating a teenage boy to death for no reason but to make a point, and everything that's implied with his wives. Oh and of course the Lucille thing is horrifying and as is the face ironing but that's it), not who he is. His personality is just over the time and he's supposed to be comedic yet it just doesn't work...

And the worst thing of it all is that his story doesn't make me feel anything. He was a cheat, and yes he shown remorse for it, but I just couldn't care less that a murdering r*pist dictator feels bad that he hurt his dying wife's emotions and trust.
Ant. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote