View Single Post
Old 19-02-2018, 02:42 PM #17
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I dunno, I feel like with it being quite different to the other films they also probably felt the need to include a "thread" linking Black Panther back to the wider MCU... given that he's going to be in Infinity War pretty soon. Though based on what I remember of the trailer for that, it seems like Cap is hiding in Wakanda somewhere? And we know that Winter Soldier is there in stasis. But still, they were probably trying to fit in little connections. .
I think Andy Serkis serves as a thread well enough since there's an actual point to his character

I just kind of felt that Freeman's character was just the Studio panicking and being all like 'We can't have the only white character in this film being a villain! Middle America would have seizures in the cinemas!'

spoilers but not really? Very vague spoilers.
Spoiler:

I think Martin Freeman, if he had to appear, should have only done so in the South Korea set scenes. His role in the second half of the film and the climax could have easily been taken over by, say, someone like Angela Basset who sadly did not get that much to do.

Last edited by Tom4784; 19-02-2018 at 02:42 PM.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote