View Single Post
Old 23-02-2018, 08:08 PM #69
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
No, not the end. I'm bloody furious and sick of this sh**.
You still haven't answered the questions I asked in my post above, and your slithering out of doing so says enough for me.

As does your opinion that nobody was a better or worse killer.
Are you fking serious?

The IRA and their affiliated groups killed just short of 2,000 people, many of them innocent civilians, men, women, children and babies. Most of them blown to pieces by bombs.
Loyalist paramilitaries killed 896 people, most of them innocent adult Catholics.
The British Army and RUC between them killed 355 people.

Every single life matters. I guess it doesn't matter to you whether 355 or 896 or nearly 2000 people lose their lives, it's all the same to you then? Well it bloody well matters to those 'extra' 1000 families whose loved ones lie cold in their graves....and it certainly matters to the families of children and babies blown to bits...which was almost exclusively the IRA's way of operating.

As for objectivity - this discussion is about Corbyn and he didn't support the Loyalists, did he, he supported the IRA. So its a moot point. If he had supported Loyalists in their murders, I would feel exactly the same about him. My mother was Protestant, my father Catholic, and I was brought up Catholic, though I no longer practice my religion. My family and I have always been neutral, having many relatives and friends on both sides, and we all detest Corbyn and others of his ilk. But he is the one vying to be the next PM. So don't talk to me about not being objective, YOU are the one who isn't objective with your endless excuses and twisting and turning in your 'Corbyn can do no wrong fairytale land' and IMO your chilling attitudes towards terrorism...

...and Poor you, working 12 hours a day. Thank your lucky stars you didn't have to work 16 a day, like my wife did in the midst of the Troubles in the Royal Victoria Hospital, working with surgeons to save the lives of IRA bomb victims. Victims, including children with their eyes blown out, their legs and arms hanging off, their stomachs and intestines spilling out.

Have you ever witnessed the carnage of a bomb, the screaming, the blood, the terror? Have you ever personally lost best friends to these atrocities, have your friends ever lost their children, gone forever? That is what the IRA did for them and me.
My nieces, aged 5 and 7, on a charity Fun Run, in the midst of a family fun day out, were seconds away from being killed, but witnessed the killing of 5 young soldiers. In front of their eyes, they seen a young soldier, no more than 18 years old, trying to frantically escape but he couldn't because he didn't realise his legs had been blown off. He later died. My nieces innocence was gone forever, with nightmares and crippling anxiety their legacy from the IRA.

That is the reality of the IRA's operandi and they are the bastards that Corbyn supported and sipped his tea with.
It was up to the Government to broker talks, which they did, not a half assed non - entity opposition back bencher who had no business consorting with terrorists to puff up his self importance, attending their rallies and funerals and whose only delusional contribution to the peace process was in his own head and an escape route excuse for having anything to do with them in the first place.

Find any book you like on the N.I peace process. There are quite a few excellent accounts which mention all the big and little players in the unfolding drama. Look up the index for Corbyn's name. You'll not find it anywhere. He's a liar, a fraud and a chancer - these are his past legacies which will always impact on his present because he hasn't changed one iota.

He has always refused to condemn the IRA without qualification, and so do you, in every post. Nobody is a better or worse killer, you say. Well, I disagree. No killing of innocent people is ever acceptable, but there are those than target mostly adults like Loyalist paras, there are those that mostly target terrorists like the security forces, and then there are those that target ANYONE with a bomb who just happens to be in the vicinity going about their daily business, like Corbyn's muses the IRA - children and babies included. You are just Corbyn's parrot really; when you say something re terrorism, I hear him bleating his usual apologist garbage. Sickening.
Did she not tend to any victims of unionist violence then?...

I don't understand your need to paint this rather one sided graphic picture it's unnecessary as I'm not going to agree that there was one worst terrorist group than another. There were child victims on both side they were both to blame for the actions they took, bombs and violence is wrong it was wrong in Ireland and it was wrong in the middle east...

I am just a bit surprised that the person that has only ever advocated peace in all conflicts over decades is the one person who is the epicentre for all your rage, not the people bombing, or the govts or the decision makers :/

I'm not going to accept you making all kinds of accusatory statements, I have my views and I appreciate you don't agree.