View Single Post
Old 21-03-2018, 09:13 AM #16
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...actually Oliver I’m going to take it a bit more off dierection../...apologies...and just because the Anne Hegerty thread is closed now...so following on...

...I googled a little bit ...and it seems that many female feminists would prefer ‘non trans’ to ‘cis’...if a term had to be applied at all...but ‘woman’ has always faced suppression in society and in recent years, is only just becoming more powerful...or of more equal power to ‘man’...in some areas, still a struggle etc...the news story at the moment of the leads in The Crown TV series...being an example of equality still not having been reached and ‘man’ having more power than ‘woman’, we could say...their salaries weren’t equal, his was higher..and yet she was The Crown...the title character portrayed...so it’s only recent times that ‘woman’ is being reclaimed as it were in its power and it’s equality...so then woman is told it’s not woman, it’s cis-woman...leaving no choice, leaving ‘suppression’ felt again, surely...?...’man’ has never felt those suppression’s, so it wouldn’t have the same impact of association...if in general a cis-man feels fine about it, you know...but some women don’t at all...and then it’s down to our individuality like all things...I’m fine with it, actually I hadn’t been familiar with it until these discussions...but I completely understand why many women wouldn’t feel so open to it...because they didn’t choose it, they were give no choice and no choice in certain things is something that ‘woman’ is very familiar with...

Last edited by Niamh.; 21-03-2018 at 09:16 AM.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote