View Single Post
Old 26-03-2018, 08:01 PM #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
See, I used to think it was about the media pushing an agenda and wanting to portray things a certain way... But I've more recently started to think, does the media really want anything other than to make money and sell as many copies as possible? Does the media not just go with what's popular?

So it's not that the media "wants to sell" an image of the brown-immigrant-monster-on-your-street... It's just that they know that that's what their readers want to hear. If they start veering away from the accepted narrative of their regular consumers, then people will spit their cornflakes and get their morning outrage elsewhere.

People don't want to hear that "Little James Born And Bred Known His Parents Since He Was A Nipper" has become a violent thug. That upsets their comfortable worldview. They want to hear that strange others from faraway places are the ones to fear.
The media in this country SHY AWAY from mentioning COLOUR, RACE or even TERRORIST affiliations in criminal incidents until AFTER the 'suspected perpetrators' have been caught and arrested or the Police release definitive identifications.

Witness the LONG interval before the word Asian or Pakistani or Muslim was freely used by the media in the various Nationwide 'Children For Sex' 'Grooming' cases, and a host of other cases.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 26-03-2018 at 08:07 PM.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote