View Single Post
Old 27-03-2018, 01:53 PM #433

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
As far as I know, it's just a confirmation of identity? Like they have supplied evidence to Twitter that they really are the person in their pic / bio, and not a "fake account". I guess back in it's earlier days it would mostly be celebrities that needed verified / official accounts because they would be the most likely to have their account cloned, but these days I guess anyone who "uses their name professionally" might need to protect themselves from cloned accounts and imposters. Especially people who get into "heated subjects" and are likely to be targetted by someone with an axe to grind.

I think it should be offered to everyone as standard really... a "certification" mark if you supply proof of identity. My wife had her facebook account cloned by a malicious little **** half way around the world a few years ago, who she had argued with on a random page, and he had taken her pictures and name and started posting slanderous crap everywhere. It took facebook FOREVER to sort it out and have the account removed.
This is exactly why I do not participate in 'Social Media'. I think it's a 'scary' thing.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote