View Single Post
Old 28-03-2018, 11:00 AM #441
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
I'm not answering for TS, but as I originally questioned her credentials.... I would expect someone describing themselves as a journalist would know not to use "here" when they meant "hear", wouldn't end a sentence with a preposition and would understand how to use a full stop in a sentence that contains parenthesis.

It's actually interesting what your other post said about male to female and female to male, and the difference in the way they are treated. I have a theory about that... I think it's as simple as men expecting to be heard, they are used to it, to having their opinions heard and getting their way (generally). So when they transition to women they have no idea what it's like to grow up as a woman and continue to stamp their Y chromosome, insisting that everyone sees things their way. Conversely, women who become men are (again, generally) more used to being the peacemakers, the nurturers, and they get on with living as who they want to be without involving the opinions of the rest of the world.

I'm not sure how you feel about all that, but I have to say, I mostly agree with your stance on this.
I think that is a very realistic and valid point. It makes total sense that the ‘previous gender’ that had been a huge part of their lives for most of their lives would continue to be so. You can’t just erase that to suit. It goes too deep.

Last edited by Brillopad; 28-03-2018 at 11:01 AM.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote