Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton

spoilers for the most recent episode:

Spoiler:

ok so the singing voices were clearly edited/not even the actor's singing(?0 and I don't think they even tried to change that and usually I wouldn't mind if the voices were good but they.... just weren't (I remember liking Alice's tho). I'm guessing they did it to mock the musical genre's excessive editing (since Veronica, Archie, and Betty have both proven to have good singing voices in the past). It's such a shame the songs were forgettable, usually after a musical episode of a TV showI find myself guiltily listening to one or two of the songs on repeat for a few days but I genuinely cannot remember any of the songs from the last episode </3

I appreciate they tried to tie up some loose ends, although I guess they had to since the Black Hood is returning and the story's gonna shift again? I don't think there's a single viewer who thought the B.H. was really caught, which made the ending... not predictable in a sense (at least for me, although in hindsight it made sense for Midge to be the one to be killed given the whole 'recast Carrie!!' **** going on throughout) but rather, 'well obviously he's still alive'. The reveal just didn't feel very rewarding, and now we get to see the core four theorise over whether or not the Black Hood is dead or alive for half of this story-arc before concluding he is alive, before the SHOCKING climax in the final episode of season 2!

Sarcasm and bitterness aside, it was a... nice episode. And I'm glad Cheryl's getting back to the stone cold bitch with vulnerability we saw in season 1 (that's not to say I didn't enjoy her more prevalent vulnerable side - she's a teenager who lost her twin, father, almost her life, was sent to a conversion camp and has an abusive mother, seeing how she copes with that is interesting and made me love Cheryl even more, but it just felt like the right time for her to take action). Also Archie's music aspirations were brought up again, so it's nice the writer's realised he used to be a real teenager with career ambitions. Felt more human than him being Hiram's bitch and having some weird conflict with his dad
Ant. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote