View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 03:12 PM #14
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I personally would say Avengers 1 and 2, Guardians 1, Civil War and Ragnarok for the basics. Guardians 2 and Spider-Man Homecoming for character attachment reasons.

Winter Soldier I don't think is 100% necessary for Infinity War. Though on the other hand, it is kind of needed to follow Civil War so... .

Someone told me Black Panther was essential so I watched a cruddy Cam copy , and it wasn't essential AT ALL, the only elements of it you need to know about (i.e. the basics of what Wakanda is all about) are covered in Civil War.

My question about Ant Man 2 is [Infinity War spoiler]..

Spoiler:

When is it set?? It surely has to be before, or parallel to, the events of Infinity War part 1? Since we can assume part 2 picks up directly after part 1 when it's released next year, and the only other Marvel film on the schedule is Captain Marvel which is set in the 90's (and I would assume ends / credit sequence ends with the message from Nick Fury, leading directly into Infinity War 2).

I read a theory that Ant Man 2 runs in parallel and will have a post credits scene with one or both of them disintegrating... which could be interesting. Although confusing for anyone who hasn't followed Infinity War and is watching Ant Man as a standalone film
Yeah that's a good list tbh.

Spoiler:

I assume it's set just before Infinity War. Ant-Man or the Wasp won't fade away because they're both in Avengers 4, there's been pictures leaked (at the time it wasn't known which film it was for) which feature Ant-Man and current day Iron Man speaking to Cap in one of his old costumes so the common theory is that Avengers 4 is going to be heavily time travel based which makes sense given Doctor Strange's decision to hand that stone over in Infinity War.

A big theory is that Avengers 4 is going to take place 5 years later which I hope isn't true since that would suggest that basically EVERYTHING will end up being reset and I want long reaching consequences godamnit!
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote