Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
I don't believe they are an incompetent government, quite the opposite actually. Too much regarding competence is subjectively defined by political persuasion.

I voted remain, because I felt the status quo was the better option, but brexit in itself doesnt bother me. People have such short term views and they shouldn't. It took 40 years for us to get the state of integration that we have now with the EU and it will take another 40 years of shaping relationships on brexit until we can truly decide if it was the correct path. By that time, the world will have changed beyond all recognition. Governments from left and right will have shaped the future. It's not and never will be about the now
Like you I voted remain because of better the devil you know and some of the arguments didn't ring through, and I am not that opposed to Brexit either, I would just like to have been given truths and facts rather than a load of hogwash. I think the Irish border is a dealbreaker and will see us staying in the customs union, I can't see any way around it.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote