Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Love Island ITV2's reality show, Love Island, presented by Laura Whitmore.

Old 15-06-2020, 10:18 PM #251
King Judd

Favourites:
BBUSA15: Judd

King Judd

Favourites:
BBUSA15: Judd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
1) This **** only has 22 episodes compared to like 40-50 episodes in most UK series
2) CBS is pushing this show into canon with **** like Arielle being in the same advertisements as Probst/Phil/Chenbot, Winston from BB20 being an islander, and Caro/Ray being cast for TAR33 before production had to stop, so I do feel an obligation as someone watches and edgics Survivor, TAR, and BBUS
3) IDK, I'm American so I guess there's a little bit of nationalism even though this show was very mediocre lol. I still have some BBUK plans this summer so I feel like I'm getting my British fix pretty soon
Wow, your life sounds incredibly action packed
Old 21-06-2020, 09:10 AM #252
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe. View Post
Wow, your life sounds incredibly action packed
I genuinely can't even tell if this is shade or not but if it is,

1) COVID is providing us with a lot of time to spare at home
2) You have a recent post discussing a BBUK season you've recently rewatched so yours doesn't sound particularly exciting
3) I thought you were done reading my posts because they're so ~negative~, so get off my dick?

Anyway, dumping my Week 4 thots:

1. Caro (consummating her relationship with Ray in the Hideaway and deciding that he is The One love that they're still together)
2. Alexandra (her sermon she gave about how Weston needs to SACK UP to put it bluntly )
3. Ray (an actual angel and the perfect calm person to put up with Caro's craziness)
Kelsey (literally saying "**** this ****" and quitting as soon as she realizes Weston is scum and a complete waste of time her exit is legit iconic)
Aissata (I like her vibe and her energy but she's legit almost invisible this week and I forgot how irrelevant she is)
4. Emily (I forgot how high vis she was but she's good? Even if she went back to Weston, it was nice to hear her not back down and completely give it to him)
5. Dylan (he's a lot *less* visible than I remember but his OTTP dad schtick with the baby was cute)
Eric (I think I kinda like him? He's a bit of a tryhard but I overall appreciate that he was willing to Go There and he brought the right kind of energy that the Villa needed. Feel bad that Kyra had buyer's remorse literally as soon as Cashel left but oh well. Maybe he could've been better if he had more time, I wouldn't have minded seeing him shake things up more)

6. Elizabeth (I'm shocked but the fact that she stood her ground against all of Weston's boys regarding him being a ****boy was impressive, especially since Zac was really being condescending to her)
7. Kyra (again, for such a big character she's just kind of exhausting and not particularly likable and kind of a wishy-washy hypocrite because she cycled through just as many guys as Weston did girls and the only difference is that she was marginally more direct when she switched)
Yamen (honestly he's not THAT bad outside of the whole Alana thing. Just kind of a background character after that who is almost amusing some of the time)
Anton (I don't know him)
8. Jered (to quote Alexandra, "who is this guy?! ")

9. Zac (his blind devotion to defending Weston because his poor feelings were hurt was NAUSEATING especially after how poorly he handled like every girl he dumped )
10. Weston (F U C K B O Y SUPREME like hooooly ****. Was brutal with ditching Kelsey for the same reasons he supposedly fell for her, and suspiciously confessed his feelings to Kyra but then fell in love with Emily like 48 hours later? It was amazing to watch all the girls collectively deem him as a ****boy who is NOT to be dated and it was even more amazing to watch the Polls Apart game where the public gave him every bad superlative but then it kinda went into a nauseating edit where he and his friends kept trying to garner sympathy for himself and I wanted to VOMIT)

This was a fun week? It pretty much revolved entirely around the Weston/Kyra/Emily/Kelsey/Eric/Jered love hexagon (?) thing which was a liiiiitle exhausting but ultimately provided a lot of good moments with the Kelsey quit and #WestonExposedParty episode. And then outside of that we had some fun Caro/Ray tertiary plot points that were enjoyable! Only three more episodes so I'm excited to be almost done bc this show is definitely mediocre and vapid at best :3

Last edited by Macie Lightfoot; 21-06-2020 at 09:10 AM.
Macie Lightfoot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-06-2020, 04:08 PM #253

Is this on uk telly or somewhere else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-06-2020, 03:50 AM #254
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

This last week was nauseating Between the final dates that involved helicopters and yachts and fire dancers, the obnoxious Kyra/Cashel reunion that truly jumped the shark, the family visits, and the declarations of love, it's just suuuuuuuuch an OTTP lovefest that I can't handle.

Overall, this show was firmly okay! This was cast was a little too friendly with each other and not inclined to cause drama, the entire season was so rushed with new people coming and going every third episode, and this show somehow makes BBUS look fresh and organic. It wasn't entirely bad though?

1. Caro (duh, just look at her edgic strip. OTT/CP/M/N obnoxious disaster with a Cardi B/baby voice who goes after any breathing human suddenly turns MORP angel when she gets her match? A picture perfect story I need continued on TAR)
2. Alexandra (kind of just there but was fun and funny and I solidly like her a lot. She's good people)
3. Ray (the perfect mellow MORP force to balance out and tame Caro. He's also good people)
4. Katrina (just really nice and a cool chick who got screwed over by Weston but handled it very gracefully?)
5. Cashel (he's just fun and really weird and I think he would entertain in any TV show)
6. Dylan (he definitely hams it up a bit too much and I wouldn't be surprised if he's Actually Bad outside of the context of this show but in the context of this show it works?)
7. Kelsey (kind of annoying up until her last two episodes but holy **** her quit is epic. She gets screwed over by Weston and immediately says "**** this, I'm out" after casually reading Weston for filth to his face multiple times <3)
8. AIssata (okay she REALLY is a nonfactor but her celibacy storyline was cute and she was UTRfun)
9. Emily (better than I thought? Loses some points for willingly staying faithful to Weston but gains some points for being hella suspicious about his motives and intentions and never hesitating to let him know)
10. Alana (tried a little too hard to keep Yamen and it was just desperate.com BUT her boot is still ****ing hilarious and overdramatic and she's green solely for it)

11. Eric (he had an It Factor that I think actually would've made the season a lot more interesting if he lasted longer but I think he's a little too advanced for season one of Love Island USA. Might've fared better in a UK season?)
12. Winston (he was just a background character but kind of a fun one?)
13. Christen (I remember liking her a lot more than I expected but now I don't remember why)
14. Kyra (should I just c/p my same Kyra thoughts that I share every week? Definitely The Main Character who pushes the story forward but never does it in a way that really makes me like her? Everything was just kinda lifeless and very forced and she surely had to be a plant, right?)
15. Elizabeth (should be a lot lower for being coupled up with Zac for literally the whole show but she's here for the one time where Zac was trying to defend Weston and make her and the other girls feel guilty for hurting his feelings and she was NOT having it)
16. Cormac (kind of a biggish character at the time but I remember nothing about him at all except for being a victim of Caro's reign of terror?)
17. Marli (she was funny and cute like once but she's only here for three episodes)
18. Jered (alol I didn't realize HOW inconsequential he was, poor thing. Literally just used as an escape for Kyra to get away from Eric but he's way too awkward to have ever stood a chance. Kind of attractive though?)
19. George (alol SO irrelevant like I don't even remember them ever showing him connect or having feelings or like any girl?! I think he was cute or funny or made me laugh like exactly once?)
20. Yamen (he's kind of a ****boy and he handled Alana terribly BUT he's kind of slightly almost amusing after she leaves? A tryhard but the show rips on him just enough for me to not really hate him)
21. Mallory (I'm baffled that people STOPPED WATCHING over her because she's like...... kinda gormless and pathetic and unremarkable in every sense of the word? And I ****ing haaaaaaaaate Weston but he didn't screw her over at all lol, she told him that she's not feeling him and the he just went to a different girl before she could go to a different guy. You snoose you lose, Mallory!)
22. Anton (he was there for like three episodes and tried to steal Caro away from Ray but true love conquers all!!!!!!)
23. Michael (just a really awkward human and forgettable first boot who NEVER stood a chance with anyone alol)

24. Zac (soooooooo obnoxiously boring and boringly obnoxious, he's like a parody of a BBUK winner who is trying really hard to be Dead Normal, Me but is fully aware of what he's doing and how he's perceived. AND his mask kinda slips quite a few times and shocker: he's actually kind of a jerk?)
25. Weston (he's fine for the first half of the season but after the Katrina thing and then the Kelsey thing he's just soooooooooooo bad. He shamelessly ghosts girls WHILE LIVING IN A VILLA WITH THEM and uses the same reasons he fell for them to break up with them. It was SO ****ing egregious with him wanting to settle down with Kelsey but then deciding that she won't be up for ADVENTURE which like... that's why you picked her initially? And then he literally said he wants to stay with her and he's not interested in getting to know other girls but then goes on a date with Emily and kisses her and just leaves Kelsey out to dry. THANKFULLY all the girls united and basically said "um you're an ass and we would never want any of our friends to date you xx" and he had a meltdown and tried to quit the show <3 but somehow it turned into a bit of a sympathy edit for him omg kill it)

Last edited by Macie Lightfoot; 23-06-2020 at 04:12 AM.
Macie Lightfoot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 09:17 PM #255

Where is this being shown ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
island, love, usa