Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 03-07-2020, 08:11 PM #176
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
]

Nahh, having read back the first page, all of this started when you claimed that a fetus can't support its life outside of the womb until ready to be born, which is false, and that "pretty much for the entirety of" the period where abortion can be chosen (24 weeks) a fetus is a bundle of cells (when that's only even vaguely true for about 10-12 weeks). You then tried to wind that back and say that you meant the period when most abortions take place - before 10 weeks - but that's not what you said.

All I did was question these two demonstrably dubious statements... Not even aggressively... It was a perfectly civilised post in disagreement... And you responded by calling me a "show off" and complaining that I had "called you a liar".

Its just not any part of a reasonable debate, but I think the vast majority of people can see that for themselves so I'm not going to dwell on it. The thread's here to be read. In my opinion, you respond with defensiveness and aggression LONG before it's warranted and on a hair trigger, but you do you I suppose. I don't imagine it feels very good.
Because you basically said I was lying for the benefit of my agenda and then you tried to walk it back and call it a white lie. Don't try to gaslight me, TS, it will not work.

It's obvious what I'm saying has got you wound up for some reason which is why you made out that I was lying and then you weirdly made it personal by suggesting I had some kind of problem with abortion based on absolutely **** all.

You're not subtle enough to gaslight someone effectively so don't even try.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 08:32 PM #177
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Because you basically said I was lying for the benefit of my agenda and then you tried to walk it back and call it a white lie. Don't try to gaslight me, TS, it will not work.

It's obvious what I'm saying has got you wound up for some reason which is why you made out that I was lying and then you weirdly made it personal by suggesting I had some kind of problem with abortion based on absolutely **** all.

You're not subtle enough to gaslight someone effectively so don't even try.
You've outright admitted in the past that you think it's "for the greater good" to deny vaccine side effects, even those that exist, because of your concern that anti-vaxxers will use that to further their cause and it's better for people to believe in 100% safety and effectiveness because they're "too dumb" to vaccinate with informed consent.

So, I suspected (still suspect) that your refusal to even entertain the idea that early-stage fetuses are a form of human life - using dubious definitions to insist that they are "not alive" - is rooted in a similar worry that pro-life people will use any concession as "ammo" against abortion. That assumption isn't baseless.

Regardless, I wasn't "showing off", "accusing you of lying" or "gaslighting you" by not agreeing with you. I'm not wound up, I'm not agitated in the slightest, and it's sort of odd to have those claims made by someone who is making paranoid allegations and swearing at me. You do it a lot, I'm aware of that, but you're barking up the wrong tree here. I don't get upset, paranoid or feel oppressed by "forum stuff". I just don't respond well to bulldozing or stonewalling.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 08:57 PM #178
Banned

Banned

And I don't respond well to people prodding me for a reaction and then making out that I'm paranoid.
Old 03-07-2020, 09:03 PM #179
Banned

Banned

Also views on anti-vaxxers have absolutely jack**** to do with this, you're just, once again, shoving words down my throat and you did it again by making out that this is because you disagree with me. Annie disagrees with me but she didn't feel the need to add little jobs to her posts to get a reaction. you're trying to make out that I can't accept your opinion when it's anything but. You just keep constantly misrepresenting what I say and then you make out that i'm some paranoid psycho when I point it out.
Old 03-07-2020, 09:59 PM #180

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
If you can't qualify why i'm wrong, your input is pointless. This is a debate after all.

Not mine...crack on.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 11:10 PM #181
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 5: Curtis
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 5: Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
]

Nahh, having read back the first page, all of this started when you claimed that a fetus can't support its life outside of the womb until ready to be born, which is false, and that "pretty much for the entirety of" the period where abortion can be chosen (24 weeks) a fetus is a bundle of cells (when that's only even vaguely true for about 10-12 weeks). You then tried to wind that back and say that you meant the period when most abortions take place - before 10 weeks - but that's not what you said.

All I did was question these two demonstrably dubious statements... Not even aggressively... It was a perfectly civilised post in disagreement... And you responded by calling me a "show off" and complaining that I had "called you a liar".

Its just not any part of a reasonable debate, but I think the vast majority of people can see that for themselves so I'm not going to dwell on it. The thread's here to be read. In my opinion, you respond with defensiveness and aggression LONG before it's warranted and on a hair trigger, but you do you I suppose. I don't imagine it feels very good.
Dezzy this post literally proves your change in narrative throughout the thread once caught to be spreading Misinformation about foetal life and premature births, he has used your own quotes and nothing has been manipulated. You can’t hide between “manipulation” or stating that people know what you mean, almost everyone in this thread have stated a foetus clearly is a life form at 24 weeks. Just admit you got the biological facts wrong and stop digging yourself a further hole. He is not gaslighting you he is just proving what you have said throughout this thread to be Factually and scientifically incorrect (aka a foetus being ball of cells for up to 24 weeks, a foetus not being considered a life until 30 weeks / being able to survive out the womb). People aren’t shouting down your philipsopjical options we are just pointing out posts you made that are wrong by stating facts. You can’t argue with scientific facts.. I don’t understand why you are being so defensive, nothing wrong with not being uneducated on the science of developmental biology

New Love Island least faves: Kaz, Tyler, Faye, Sharon, Rachel

Sig images and links removed for rule breaking - TiBB Staff

Last edited by DouglasS; 03-07-2020 at 11:16 PM.
DouglasS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 03:18 AM #182
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasS View Post
Dezzy this post literally proves your change in narrative throughout the thread once caught to be spreading Misinformation about foetal life and premature births, he has used your own quotes and nothing has been manipulated. You can’t hide between “manipulation” or stating that people know what you mean, almost everyone in this thread have stated a foetus clearly is a life form at 24 weeks. Just admit you got the biological facts wrong and stop digging yourself a further hole. He is not gaslighting you he is just proving what you have said throughout this thread to be Factually and scientifically incorrect (aka a foetus being ball of cells for up to 24 weeks, a foetus not being considered a life until 30 weeks / being able to survive out the womb). People aren’t shouting down your philipsopjical options we are just pointing out posts you made that are wrong by stating facts. You can’t argue with scientific facts.. I don’t understand why you are being so defensive, nothing wrong with not being uneducated on the science of developmental biology
And you're calling me uneducated while riding on TS' tail coat yet again. Let's look at your posts, shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasS View Post
Life doesn’t begin at birth. Are you saying people should be able to abort at 38weeks old when the foetus is fully developed because it’s not born yet ? That is just extremely cruel and just crazy to me.
Emotional and reactionary, and then after TS makes a more knowledgeable post your posting style changes a lot to mimic his. You also make a point of posting after TS' latest post every time just so you can basically repackage what he's saying. Calling people uneducated and then going on about how you're a medical student isn't compelling when it's plain to see you're reliant on TS' knowledge to prop yourself up.

I said it to you before and I'll say it again, it doesn't matter who you say you are, your logic and your knowledge is what counts.

I'm not going to change my opinion because I've seen nothing that compels me to do so and screeching at me to change my opinion won't do ****. It just reflects badly on you. If you can't convince me otherwise than that's on you for not offering forth a good argument. Learn from Annie's example, this ain't an argument you're going to win and screeching at me to change my opinion won't get you anywhere.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
blm, considered, embryo or fetus, fetus, life, movement, unborn, whilst, womb