Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 23-08-2023, 11:56 PM #101

People who call after half 11 at night when it’s not truly urgent, we’re not planning a night out or we’re not tight mates wanting an intimate 2 a.m. call on a Saturday morning. It’s alright on a Friday/Saturday night but on a weeknight when there’s nothing important to say, we’re not close or you don’t need help? Have you no sense of basic time propriety?

Maybe it’s just me.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.

Last edited by Redway; 24-08-2023 at 10:57 AM.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2023, 09:12 AM #102
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

It's not just you... if someone calls me after 9pm they'd better be dying.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2023, 11:00 AM #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
It's not just you... if someone calls me after 9pm they'd better be dying.
I feel the same way about non-important calls on a Monday morning. I’m not the sort of person who particularly likes talking on the phone anyway (unless I’m in the mood and even then there’s usually some alcohol involved) but there’s enough fresh hell awaiting you at the start of a long week without being bugged by someone about something that can hold. So I just try to leave people alone to some extent on Monday. The day’s bad enough as it is. Don’t want to vex or stress anyone further first thing on one of the worst days of the week. Knowing you’re in for it makes the second-half-of-Sunday blues even worse.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.

Last edited by Redway; 24-08-2023 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-09-2023, 09:15 AM #104

People who whinge, moan and grumble constantly.

Old 01-09-2023, 12:49 PM #105
God Save The Rave

God Save The Rave

Running into old customers who comment that they "haven't seen me in the shop for a while". I haven't worked there for over four years!
Soldier Boy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 01:21 PM #106

I must’ve mentioned this before but people with bad manners really irk me. It takes less muscles to smile than to frown so when someone keeps the door open for you or gives you moving space (often because you’re in their way in the first place), why wouldn’t you at least cordially acknowledge it?

Old 01-09-2023, 01:26 PM #107
God Save The Rave

God Save The Rave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redway View Post
I must’ve mentioned this before but people with bad manners really irk me. It takes less muscles to smile than to frown so when someone keeps the door open for you or gives you moving space (often because you’re in their way in the first place), why wouldn’t you at least cordially acknowledge it?
My father in law wouldn't hold a door open for a man because he thought it would make him seem gay. My wife pointed out that he was being sexist/discriminatory ... so now he pointedly doesn't hold doors open for anyone . He's an ... err ... interesting fellow.
Old 01-09-2023, 01:28 PM #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier Boy View Post
My father in law wouldn't hold a door open for a man because he thought it would make him seem gay. My wife pointed out that he was being sexist/discriminatory ... so now he pointedly doesn't hold doors open for anyone . He's an ... err ... interesting fellow.
You keep the door open for someone if they’re already close enough to it (or have mobility issues or something and might need a bit of help) because it’s the normal, polite thing to do, not because you’re trying to hit on a stranger. This whole insecurity about sexuality affects the way some guys even eat bananas (not that I personally like bananas per-se but that’s different and my own peculiarity). And it’s just bloody ridiculous.

Old 01-09-2023, 02:16 PM #109

The amount of misogyny on Come Dine With Me (of all shows) is very jarring, too. I’m very anti-racism/misogyny so all those digs at women at the dinner table is something else. At this point I don’t even mind the sarcastic narrator’s cheeky jibes so much anymore. At least they’re indiscriminate.

Old 01-09-2023, 02:23 PM #110

Default Public pet peeves

I hate opening the butter to find bits in it from toast or whatever
Alternatively finding bits of butter in the jam jar !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Zizu; 01-09-2023 at 02:34 PM.
Zizu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 02:36 PM #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
Alternatively finding bits of butter in the jam jar !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mhm-hm. We’ve been through this.

Old 01-09-2023, 04:10 PM #112
God Save The Rave

God Save The Rave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
That's very valid though because bread crumbs getting into butter or preserves can make them go mouldy
Old 02-09-2023, 12:52 PM #113

Artificial intelligence. Stealing too many jobs.

Old 04-09-2023, 01:40 AM #114

1. Truly snotty people who have the ump with you for no reason. Ditto (I’m speaking on behalf of the masses with this one) for being blocked by the most random people on social media when there’s no known bad blood to speak of. I understand leaving follow/friend-requests hanging if it’s someone who you’re not really sure you want them to have access to that side of your life (at least not yet) but what I don’t understand is taking it to the next level and actively blocking people who really haven’t done anything bad to you and aren’t known to be creepy-arse stalkers. I only do that to people I actually have a problem with/strongly dislike and would rather forget ever existed in my life. Otherwise what did they ever actually do to you? Where’s the animosity coming from?

2. Hating on people just for being quiet and minding their own business. Again, what did they ever actually do to you for you to be rolling your eyes at the mere sight of them? Are we really that allergic to calm people?

It takes more muscles to frown than to smile so it’s better to just take people in a somewhat positive light and trust that your friends really do have your back (half the time they love you more than you know) rather than looking for who to hate on when you don’t need to. Reserve that hate for people who have actually done you dirty or truly that incompatible with and disagreeable to you. No-one’s perfect but if you know you’ve got good friends you shouldn’t be too worried about them low-key being jealous backstabbers or quietly trying to scheme against you. It pays to treat people how you’d like to be treated unless they’re really not good for you and hold your friends tight. Real ones (not foul gossips who talk smack on you behind your back, don’t actually care nothing about you and only hit you up when they need weed or money) who you can stay friends with for over 10/15 years are irreplaceable, flawed (as we all are) or not. You don’t want to be too paranoid about who’s who, whether you know them or not. Everyone has at least some good in them. All you need is decent discernment, not misplaced cynicism. You’re not going to be nonchalantly cutting off quality friends who’ve had your back for years unless you’re that daft. Same goes for cutting off actual blood because of £15 or whatever that they had to pay back a day later than they promised. Life happens on either side but in life you need people you can count on to endure life with you, not people who’ll switch on you just like that just because they can. Unless the person has borderline personality disorder or something, there’s never a good reason to blow hot and cold with people that much (especially over trivialities that don’t truly matter), and whoever’s like that for whatever reason needs to look inward and do a bit of self-work anyway. People who you say you truly like/love deserve loyalty.

3. The way the Dingles on Emmerdale galavant all over the place doing incest with each-other (almost cringier than Joey/Lauren off EastEnders in 2012) and getting random women pregnant left, right and centre but that’s another thing altogether. I just hope Charity doesn’t go there too deep with Liam. Chloe will be dead soon enough (thank God).

Last edited by Redway; 04-09-2023 at 03:57 AM.
Old 04-09-2023, 08:54 PM #115

People whose own isn’t to even let you know that they’re coming but to expect you to be at the door waiting for them and ready to open up anyway (unless you’re virtually best friends).

Old 13-09-2023, 04:42 AM #116

Whole threads getting deleted instead of just the offending posts. Don’t turn my threads into a place to argue for pages, because then the whole thread gets sliced and some interesting contributions missed out on. Do it somewhere else.

Last edited by Redway; 13-09-2023 at 04:43 AM.
Old 14-09-2023, 09:01 PM #117

Night Ubers cancelling and cancelling on you because they don’t deem your journey as long enough. That’s why it’s good to support other taxi firms at least occasionally. Like we all did until 7/8 years ago. Uber really isn’t all that.

Last edited by Redway; 14-09-2023 at 09:02 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
peeves, pet, public