Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2022, 12:01 PM #126
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

truth or lies, real or fake don't matter any more. People knowingly lie and call it their truth and the vast majority of people seem to think thats just fine
Old 05-12-2022, 12:11 PM #127
Adios

Adios

-we’re not interested in their silly little Netflix show-

-THAT PICTURE IS FAKE THEY WERENT TOGETHER OMG-

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Old 05-12-2022, 12:20 PM #128

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
surely they could have used an actual photograph? its misleading and fake

One of Harrys claims is that he was worried Meghan would meet the same fate as Diana due to the attention of the paps, if they can't produce an image that confirms this claim its pretty poor
They can't because there isn't any. If there was even ONE, we'd have seen it a hundred times by now as proof that the paps cruelly harrassed poor Meghan
Old 05-12-2022, 12:22 PM #129

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn. View Post
-we’re not interested in their silly little Netflix show-

-THAT PICTURE IS FAKE THEY WERENT TOGETHER OMG-
We're interested in calling out their Bull****
Old 05-12-2022, 12:36 PM #130
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
They can't because there isn't any. If there was even ONE, we'd have seen it a hundred times by now as proof that the paps cruelly harrassed poor Meghan
precisely because after Dianas death new agreements were put in place with the press... so hence they have to jazz it

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 05-12-2022, 12:37 PM #131
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
We're interested in calling out their Bull****
It's none of his business what our interest is, I don't care what his tbf

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 05-12-2022, 01:12 PM #132
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Prince Harry speaks of the "leaking and... planting of stories" as part of a "dirty game" in a new trailer for the Harry and Meghan series on Netflix.

He describes the "pain and suffering of women marrying into this institution" in an apparent reference to his wife, Meghan, and mother, Princess Diana.

The issue of race is raised, with a commentator saying of the couple's experience: "It's about hatred. It's about race."

The series is released on Thursday.

A further three episodes of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's account of royal life will follow on 15 December. It has a 15 age rating, with Netflix's listing saying it deals with "discrimination".

The latest trailer shows a series of hard-hitting comments, which show no sign of any olive branches to the Royal Family.

Instead there is a commentary that claims "there was a war against Meghan to suit other people's agendas".

Over an image of senior royals on the Buckingham Palace balcony, Prince Harry says: "There's a hierarchy of the family. You know there's leaking, but there's also planting of stories."

Prince Harry and Meghan, who are no longer "working royals", were not allowed on to that symbolic balcony for late Queen's Platinum Jubilee.

In the previous trailer there was a noticeable image of Catherine, Princess of Wales, looking very stony-faced and this latest teaser includes another austere picture of her, alongside Camilla, the Queen Consort, and Sophie, the Countess of Wessex.

The trailer for the six-part series shows a quickfire narrative of the couple's difficult relationship with the royals, the media and the public - which ended with Prince Harry and Meghan moving to the US.

It begins with Meghan being warmly received by the public - treated like a "royal rock star".

But then it suggests "everything changed", with Prince Harry talking of leaks and planted stories and with a commentator referring to "hatred" and "race".

The trailer links Meghan's experience to the pressure faced by Princess Diana using images of the intense press attention surrounding her - with Meghan saying "I realised, they're never going to protect you".

"We know the full truth," says Prince Harry at the end.

Last week, a teaser for the season was released at the same time as Prince Harry's brother, the Prince of Wales, was in the US to present his Earthshot environmental prize.

The documentary is said to offer an insight into what the couple describe as the inside story of why they stepped back from their royal duties.

Prince Harry and Meghan formally stepped down as senior royals in March 2020.

A year later, during an interview with US talk show host Oprah Winfrey, Meghan said life within the Royal Family became so difficult at times she "didn't want to be alive anymore".

The trailer for the upcoming documentary comes against a backdrop of a royal race row following comments to a black British guest at Buckingham Palace.

Lady Susan Hussey, Prince William's godmother and lady-in-waiting to the late Queen, stood down from her honorary duties last week after Ngozi Fulani, the founder of the charity Sistah Space, described how she had been repeatedly asked where she "really" came from at a reception.

A spokesman for Prince William responded to the row by saying that "racism has no place in our society".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63861642

---------------------------------------------------------------

I think the chances of reconciliation are slim
Old 05-12-2022, 02:03 PM #133
Adios

Adios

Quote:
We're obsessed in calling out their Bull****
Fixed it for you

Old 05-12-2022, 02:07 PM #134
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Quote:
Fixed it for you
If you're going to fix something, do it correctly. You can't be obsessed "in" anything. One is obsessed by or (as in this case) with...

Old 05-12-2022, 03:09 PM #135
You know my methods

You know my methods

Old 05-12-2022, 03:20 PM #136
God Save The Rave

God Save The Rave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
truth or lies, real or fake don't matter any more. People knowingly lie and call it their truth and the vast majority of people seem to think thats just fine
It's light entertainment... the whole Royal Family is light entertainment for the masses, whether they've realised that for themselves yet or not. The truth doesn't really matter, so long as it's an engaging narrative that keeps the public's attention then that keeps them as a tourist draw and makes them worth their cost --- after all, isn't that why people are constantly insisting we still need the Royals? Tourism? They get paid very well to be a tourist attraction... I guess an entertaining fiction over and above the boring truth of their lives is the additional price they pay.

They could always opt out
Old 05-12-2022, 03:22 PM #137
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier Boy View Post
It's light entertainment... the whole Royal Family is light entertainment for the masses, whether they've realised that for themselves yet or not. The truth doesn't really matter, so long as it's an engaging narrative that keep

s the public's attention then that keeps them as a tourist draw and makes them worth their cost --- after all, isn't that why people are constantly insisting we still need the Royals? Tourism? They get paid very well to be a tourist attraction... I guess an entertaining fiction over and above the boring truth of their lives is the additional price they pay.

They could always opt out
It's dubbed a documentary the dictionary definition is

using pictures or interviews with people involved in real events to provide a factual report on a particular subject:

Old 05-12-2022, 03:26 PM #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
surely they could have used an actual photograph? its misleading and fake

One of Harrys claims is that he was worried Meghan would meet the same fate as Diana due to the attention of the paps, if they can't produce an image that confirms this claim its pretty poor

Diana was well and truly hounded by the press...the only other time I saw something similar was when Kate and William split temporarily and they followed Kate down the road...
I have never witnessed any such behaviour around Meghan...all the photographers have kept their distance.
Old 05-12-2022, 03:42 PM #139

Looks like their Titles may be stripped...
Old 05-12-2022, 04:02 PM #140
Adios

Adios

Will you all leave them alone if they do?

Old 05-12-2022, 04:38 PM #141

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I guess we are in for a lot of hysterical BS.

Harry refers to the "pain and suffering of women marrying into this institution".

Ummm, not really...

Strange how the Duchess of Kent, The Duchess of Gloucester, Princess Michael of Kent, Queen Camilla, Sophie, the Duchess of Wessex and Kate, Princess of Wales all managed to marry into the family and are perfectly fine. Even Fergie says she loved being part of the family, it was her own affairs and toe sucking incident that was her downfall.

Diana had problems, mainly because she and Charles were unfortunately just not suited and lovely as she was, everyone knows by now that she herself courted publicity and attention at times. She didn't criticise the Royal Family - her beefs centred around one member - Charles, and of course Camilla.

The press, however, typically gave prominent women members a hard time when they were new to the Royal scene, (I'll never forget poor Fergie being dubbed "the Duchess of Pork") but if they just got on with it, it eventually fizzled out unless they particularly courted press attention or had reckless affairs.
Old 05-12-2022, 04:53 PM #142
You know my methods

You know my methods

I wonder when in this "documentary" will he say that the "meedja" murdered his MOther?
Old 05-12-2022, 05:05 PM #143
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

H&M know what gets them noticed and keeps the cash flowing in, it's not going to change any time soon. What can the royal family realistically do in defence, they won't slag them back, removing titles just looks petty. They basically just have to suck it up

Last edited by bitontheslide; 05-12-2022 at 05:05 PM.
Old 05-12-2022, 05:09 PM #144
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

I've long stopped commenting on here on the Sussexes.
I have been a more sympathiser with the Duke and Duches of Sussex.
I really like both the couples and can't begin to imagine the trauma Princess Diana would have now with the estrangement between her sons.

I can almost think that Prince Harry has something he needs to get said and thus drip drip format of telling their story is a slow build up to saying what he needs to.
Be that from the colour of the baby issue maybe.
Because that was what he heard not his wife
Perhaps he wants and needs to identify who it was who has offended him and in turn his wife after he informed her.
So is possibly building up to that.
Who knows.

However I am finding this drip drip ongoing highlighting of what they see as injustice to them tedious now.
Either once and for all, get it out there and say what they need to even if that is identifying any offending party to them.
Either do that or now just really get on with their life together.

Were they hoping demands may be made to woo them back or can they not find a way back now.

There's a lot of grey area to this sad issue in the Royals.
However it is at the point now where enough is enough.
Either bare all they need to get said now and close things down.
Or now step back and stop this kind of soap opera regularity of storylines.

I'm not criticising them.
I like Prince Harry and I like Meghan too.
However there's a time comes where enough is enough and that time has now become overdue in my view.

Even as a Male I wouldn't ever want to enter the World of the Palace and Royal Family.
In my view it must for some ill prepared for it be a world where it becomes near soul destroying.

Really though.
Time to stop the storytelling via dribs and drabs.
Get whatever grievance it is aired completely no matter the consequences.
Or just drop it NOW.

Last edited by joeysteele; 05-12-2022 at 05:09 PM.
Old 05-12-2022, 05:23 PM #145
You know my methods

You know my methods

"Time to stop the storytelling via dribs and drabs."

sadly this is what happens when you allow others to monetize gossip and unsubstantiated claims

If you have a real grievance in your family you confront it and it all comes out in one go

If you are trying to make money from it you tease and trail it to maximize profit

Its quite the most hideous thing imaginable
Old 05-12-2022, 05:28 PM #146

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

Favourites:

Quote:
Will you all leave them alone if they do?
Look, what is said on here isn't harming Harry and Meghan, you make it sound like people who criticise them are causing them actual harm. If people on here were threatening these people with actual physical harm, i'd understand your obsessive defence. But that's not happening. People are just calling out their blatant bs. They are Hollywood celebs now, criticism comes with the territory.

Harry and Meghan are not oppressed people, in fact, they're in the top echelon of massively over privileged people. Harry's wealth and fame isn't due to any talent whatsoever. Meghan was a mid level actress, at best, before she met Harry.

There is a strange interest in them, mainly because of their/Harry's royal connection. People will talk and discuss them. We can all agree they're among the most famous people in the world right now. Just watching the news now and their doc was the 2nd story. Would you rather people just say how "wonderful" they are, sunshine and rainbows? It's not possible because they contradict themselves so much. If you can't handle criticism and a difference of opinion when it comes to the royal couple, then maybe these threads aren't for you. You have has much right to like them, as others have just as much right not to.
Old 05-12-2022, 05:39 PM #147
Adios

Adios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
Look, what is said on here isn't harming Harry and Meghan, you make it sound like people who criticise them are causing them actual harm. If people on here were threatening these people with actual physical harm, i'd understand your obsessive defence. But that's not happening. People are just calling out their blatant bs. They are Hollywood celebs now, criticism comes with the territory.

Harry and Meghan are not oppressed people, in fact, they're in the top echelon of massively over privileged people. Harry's wealth and fame isn't due to any talent whatsoever. Meghan was a mid level actress, at best, before she met Harry.

There is a strange interest in them, mainly because of their/Harry's royal connection. People will talk and discuss them. We can all agree they're among the most famous people in the world right now. Just watching the news now and their doc was the 2nd story. Would you rather people just say how "wonderful" they are, sunshine and rainbows? It's not possible because they contradict themselves so much. If you can't handle criticism and a difference of opinion when it comes to the royal couple, then maybe these threads aren't for you. You have has much right to like them, as others have just as much right not to.
That’s great except didn’t it just come to light that Meghan had in fact been in actual life threatening danger? Actual threats on her life were just confirmed we’re they not? And I get that they will never read this site or the hatred that gets spilled DAILY on here but doesn’t make it ok to allow it to go unchecked by rational thinking people, to be questioned by rational thinking people. It’s no different to people bullying people online because there’s no repercussions for them. Cowardly sit behind their screens typing away. The extreme level of unnecessary, completely pointless ‘discussion’ about them is not normal. It just isn’t. And for it to come from grown men is ****ing shocking. Grown men

Old 05-12-2022, 05:55 PM #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post

Well said Swan….
Old 05-12-2022, 05:58 PM #149

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
That’s great except didn’t it just come to light that Meghan had in fact been in actual life threatening danger? Actual threats on her life were just confirmed we’re they not? And I get that they will never read this site or the hatred that gets spilled DAILY on here but doesn’t make it ok to allow it to go unchecked by rational thinking people, to be questioned by rational thinking people. It’s no different to people bullying people online because there’s no repercussions for them. Cowardly sit behind their screens typing away. The extreme level of unnecessary, completely pointless ‘discussion’ about them is not normal. It just isn’t. And for it to come from grown men is ****ing shocking. Grown men
I've not seen threats on her life, i only read comments on here, i've not logged into twitter in over a year, so i don't see anything on twitter (only tweets posted here). I know we go back and forth with them on here, but why do you think they're immune to criticism? They have it so much better than billions of people, so when they're acting like victims (im sure they get unjust criticism, like every other celeb in the lime light ever), when imo their "struggles" just fall into first world problems. And that's probably what gets me the most about them if im honest, their constant complaining. Just get on with it and enjoy what you have. They have status, wealth, and luxury 99% of people can only ever dream of. It's this constant "oh our struggle, poor us". It's running so thin even people on the fence now are like "ok get over it, we get it".

It's a shame no middle ground and respect can ever be reached on here. Im guilty of getting carried away with other members in these threads, don't get me wrong. But i liken these two to a car wreck now, you can't help but look. You don't really wanna see it, but as humans curiosity is a strong emotion/feeling/draw.

I don't think they're vicious people, like say Katie Hopkins, who i just wont talk about anymore because she's so disgusting. But i can begrudgingly admit i have an interest in them, for better or worse. And to reiterate, as Hollywood celebs, firmly in the public eye, probably the most talked about couple in the world right now, having an opinion either way is quite natural. Not irrational as you keep saying.

And a last thing, if they are indeed being threatened, the demographic shouldn't mean anything. A threat on a life is a threat on a life. So this "grown men" argument is redundant.
Old 05-12-2022, 06:02 PM #150
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Not grown men having an opinion on another grown man in the public eye, whatever next

Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
exclusive, harry, meghan, netflix, trailer, world