Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB14 Channel 5's Big Brother: Secrets and Lies (aka Big Brother 14) started June 13th 2013 and was won by Sam Evans.

Discuss the series and housemates here.

Old 28-07-2013, 04:00 AM #1

Default Charlie's Gameplan? Code/Trigger phrase in letter from home?

I'll be interested to see what got said in the diary room by each of them, but from what we've seen I'm definitely on Hazel's side in this argument.
Charlie is so bloody headwrecking when drunk (and sometimes when she's sober too).

I absolutely hate that she acted all tearful and upset and actually tried to turn this into a huge thing against Hazel to the other housemates. Why were they saying "oh don't get upset Charlie, don't let it/her(?) upset you"

She lied about what she said regarding Daley, and kept talking over Hazel and turning it back onto a sympathy party for herself whenever Hazel tried to confront her over what she had said.

She cries about Hazel saying she should think before she speaks because she feels as a friend Hazel shouldn't bring up one of her flaws -( ie. never thinking before she speaks) ?

Fcuk that. Hazel and anybody Charlie upsets by putting her foot in it has a right to tell her to think before she speaks! That is mild compared to what I would say to her if she upset me.

Who does she think she is to start saying that Hazel or any friend shouldn't be allowed correct her for saying something upsetting? She's not a bloody baby who nobody is allowed criticise because it's 'just Charlie' and she 'can't help it'.

Bull****. She should learn to think before she speaks and stop trying to make excuses for it or say that a friend can't correct her for saying something hurtful.
Grow the fcuk up Charlie.

I seriously hope she has a completely different attitude when she is sober.

If she doesn't and is still holding a pity party for herself when sober then I will be convinced that she is deliberately trying to turn the house against Hazel, and that maybe she chose tonight to do it because of the letters she received today from Jackie which told her it was time to "up her game". Some type of code perhaps?
I noticed she wasn't very apologetic when she spilled the whole glass of wine over Hazel tonight either. Was she deliberately trying to make Hazel snap?

Maybe we are seeing the real snake in the house upping her game now for the final stretch of the show? If this is the case I wish Gina and Callum stay well away from her because she will eventually use this tactic on them too. -Say something offensive then play the poor little girl who 'can't help it' card if they flip with her. It hasn't worked for her so far with Gina though if that is what she was trying.

I've believed her previously that she genuinely didn't mean any hurt when she puts her foot in things, but after tonight I'm really not so sure anymore. I think it was the way she wouldn't let Hazel speak and went around to all the other housemates trying to get them to take her side and actually twisted it around to Hazel hurting her. Maybe it was just the drunkness?

I hope I'm wrong and I will reserve judgement until tomorrow where we will see what Charlie is like sober and we will also see the actual cucumber incident and what really got said in the diary room.
Pink Pegasus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 04:38 AM #2
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPinkpegasusx View Post
I'll be interested to see what got said in the diary room by each of them, but from what we've seen I'm definitely on Hazel's side in this argument.
Charlie is so bloody headwrecking when drunk (and sometimes when she's sober too).

I absolutely hate that she acted all tearful and upset and actually tried to turn this into a huge thing against Hazel to the other housemates. Why were they saying "oh don't get upset Charlie, don't let it/her(?) upset you"

She lied about what she said regarding Daley, and kept talking over Hazel and turning it back onto a sympathy party for herself whenever Hazel tried to confront her over what she had said.

She cries about Hazel saying she should think before she speaks because she feels as a friend Hazel shouldn't bring up one of her flaws -( ie. never thinking before she speaks) ?

Fcuk that. Hazel and anybody Charlie upsets by putting her foot in it has a right to tell her to think before she speaks! That is mild compared to what I would say to her if she upset me.

Who does she think she is to start saying that Hazel or any friend shouldn't be allowed correct her for saying something upsetting? She's not a bloody baby who nobody is allowed criticise because it's 'just Charlie' and she 'can't help it'.

Bull****. She should learn to think before she speaks and stop trying to make excuses for it or say that a friend can't correct her for saying something hurtful.
Grow the fcuk up Charlie.

I seriously hope she has a completely different attitude when she is sober.

If she doesn't and is still holding a pity party for herself when sober then I will be convinced that she is deliberately trying to turn the house against Hazel, and that maybe she chose tonight to do it because of the letters she received today from Jackie which told her it was time to "up her game". Some type of code perhaps?
I noticed she wasn't very apologetic when she spilled the whole glass of wine over Hazel tonight either. Was she deliberately trying to make Hazel snap?

Maybe we are seeing the real snake in the house upping her game now for the final stretch of the show? If this is the case I wish Gina and Callum stay well away from her because she will eventually use this tactic on them too. -Say something offensive then play the poor little girl who 'can't help it' card if they flip with her. It hasn't worked for her so far with Gina though if that is what she was trying.

I've believed her previously that she genuinely didn't mean any hurt when she puts her foot in things, but after tonight I'm really not so sure anymore. I think it was the way she wouldn't let Hazel speak and went around to all the other housemates trying to get them to take her side and actually twisted it around to Hazel hurting her. Maybe it was just the drunkness?

I hope I'm wrong and I will reserve judgement until tomorrow where we will see what Charlie is like sober and we will also see the actual cucumber incident and what really got said in the diary room.
I'm sick of her. I hope housemates put her up for eviction.
Old 28-07-2013, 06:30 AM #3

Favourites (more):
BB19: Isabella
Apprentice 2018: Jackie

Favourites (more):
BB19: Isabella
Apprentice 2018: Jackie

I wish Gina would more strongly turn against Charlie. She has power in the house, and could sway others against Charlie.

Last edited by Spoon; 28-07-2013 at 06:31 AM.
Spoon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 08:12 AM #4

Charlie is the snake. She's socially inept. She'll always be socially inept whether she's 27 or 57. She's manic too.The play fighting with the nutella was bizarre.

There did seem to be instructions in her letter to up her game. What does she do. 1. Tries to get in with the most popular person in the house by asking Gina for advice. But she was doing this before the letter. 2. Engineers a situation where she can distance herself from the least popular person, Hazel. I expect her to change beds soon. Guess where she's going...Dexter. The letter said, "Dexter and Callum, sort those two boys out" that could mean go with the most popular.
Ace is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 01:41 PM #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
Charlie is the snake. She's socially inept. She'll always be socially inept whether she's 27 or 57. She's manic too.The play fighting with the nutella was bizarre.

There did seem to be instructions in her letter to up her game. What does she do. 1. Tries to get in with the most popular person in the house by asking Gina for advice. But she was doing this before the letter. 2. Engineers a situation where she can distance herself from the least popular person, Hazel. I expect her to change beds soon. Guess where she's going...Dexter. The letter said, "Dexter and Callum, sort those two boys out" that could mean go with the most popular.
Could be. I know I'm 99% likely to just have been paranoid last night about the letter, but it just seemed a bit strangely worded and last night Charlie seemed determined to get a rise out of Hazel so what you said about distancing herself from the one the public boo each week could be right. She has also just seen Dan get evicted and booed so maybe is connecting it to him being friends with Hazel?

It might have just been the booze and foot in mouth syndrome from Charlie, and apparently on twitter it said they were talking through their differences this morning so they may make friends again. I would not be at all surprised though to see one nominate the other at some point soon or even both nominate each other.
Old 28-07-2013, 01:45 PM #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
I'm sick of her. I hope housemates put her up for eviction.
Most seemed to have sympathy for her last night though which was annoying.
Old 28-07-2013, 01:50 PM #7
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dexter
I'm a Celeb 2012: David Haye
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dexter
I'm a Celeb 2012: David Haye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
I wish Gina would more strongly turn against Charlie. She has power in the house, and could sway others against Charlie.
I wouldn't want to see Gina manipulating people to turn against Charlie To be honest I think Charlie does a good enough job turning people against her all by herself, she doesn't need anyone else to do it for her.
Tozzie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 01:51 PM #8
Something inoffensive

Favourites (more):
BB15: Chris
CBB 13: Lionel Blair
Something inoffensive

Favourites (more):
BB15: Chris
CBB 13: Lionel Blair

She is the worst kind of drunk, a total drama queen. The kind that you would see stumbling out of a club at 3am, going to Mcdonalds and calling her local MP because they didn't put enough relish in her burger. They should have all just walked away from her, because you will never win an argument with someone like that when drunk.

Add me on Goodreads here
Verbal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 02:15 PM #9
Viewer Emeritus

Viewer Emeritus

...and of course, next day it will be laughed off as "you know me when I've had a drink, ha ha!"

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
charlie, code or trigger, gameplan, home, letter, phrase